have you made the pledge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'll do it in May.

That'll confuse you all!
But that won't be the same.... #31daysofcycling ???:biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I did zero yesterday and 36 miles today. I'm stopping cycling for April and averaging my mileage.

I've done 1.2 miles for everyday in April.
I must admit I wondered if it counted as cheating if I rode twice on either Saturday or Monday instead of Sunday .... If you can apply that logic I'm sure mine will be fine;)

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I must admit I wondered if it counted as cheating if I rode twice on either Saturday or Monday instead of Sunday .... If you can apply that logic I'm sure mine will be fine;)
Can you cheat on a made up thing with no prizes?

I'm in the dislike this stuff camp, I tend to just decide stuff myself and then try and keep to them (so I've given up chocolate at the moment but not for Lent, until the late May Bank Holiday, I did start around the beginning of Lent though, plus there is a complicated set of caveats :-) ).
I am constantly annoyed by MapMyRide doing promotional stuff that you're halfway way through signing up for before you get to the 'only in the States' clause of the T&C's. Well, not constantly as I just don't bother at all now.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You can cheat yourself! I'm using it as a motivation thing, I often spend mist of my time on the bike commuting so tend to not bother at weekends or days off, whereas in reality I ought to as then I haven't got a heavy pannier or the same time restraints and could do as much or as little as I wanted. So it's just a way of giving myself a kick up the back side!:biggrin:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
You can cheat yourself! I'm using it as a motivation thing, I often spend mist of my time on the bike commuting so tend to not bother at weekends or days off, whereas in reality I ought to as then I haven't got a heavy pannier or the same time restraints and could do as much or as little as I wanted. So it's just a way of giving myself a kick up the back side!:biggrin:
In which case I'd suggest if, as the judge of things, you are happy with the compromise then it's not cheating. But if you think 'this is a bit of a cheat' then it is. Much the same as if you just got on the bike, rode to the end of the road and back and called it 'the days ride' (presuming you don't live at one end of a 10 mile road) it's up to you if that's cheating.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
In which case I'd suggest if, as the judge of things, you are happy with the compromise then it's not cheating. But if you think 'this is a bit of a cheat' then it is. Much the same as if you just got on the bike, rode to the end of the road and back and called it 'the days ride' (presuming you don't live at one end of a 10 mile road) it's up to you if that's cheating.

Do exercise bikes count as cheating?

Top Bottom