Have your bike sheds got busy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Not after claiming the moral highground or make myself out to be some kind of hard core, year round cycle Ninja but have noticed now that the temp has reached seventy degrees or so the bike sheds are full and the showers like Picadilly circus !

Like I say, not trying to make a point about my own hardiness as I am just not given to discomfort, just the fact that I wish the rest would realise with the right gear it is enjoyable all year round and that they are missing out limiting themselves to long, dry, warm days we see for 2 percent of the year !

Norm

J4CKO said:
...with the right gear it is enjoyable all year round and that they are missing out limiting themselves to long, dry, warm days we see for 2 percent of the year !
But then you'd have queues for the showers and three deep in the Sheffields all year round. :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Ours have not filled up much yet,only 10 or so currently.Was up to 20+ last summer,although 1 or 2 cyclists have left/made redundant and 1 regular came off their bike a few weeks ago and fractured cheekbone so is staying off bike for a bit.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Mines filling up - so they have decided to close half of it to paint it :smile:
Bikes squashed in all corners of the other half. Why didn't they paint it in March when there was only 2-4 of us?

Still only me..

But then, it is an outdoor leisure company, god forbid any of its employees would like fresh air and exercise!
:thumbsup:

NigC

J4CKO said:
Like I say, not trying to make a point about my own hardiness as I am just not given to discomfort, just the fact that I wish the rest would realise with the right gear it is enjoyable all year round and that they are missing out limiting themselves to long, dry, warm days we see for 2 percent of the year !

I cycle all year round but "enjoyable" is not a word I would use to describe it over winter. There are many I could choose from, like: cold; miserable; wet; icy and so on though :biggrin:

But nothing has changed in the office: I'm the only all-year-rounder and we have 1 fair-weather cyclist. One guy was making noises about it, but then had his bike knicked :thumbsup: I don't see anything changing for the summer, no matter how warm it gets.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: What's a bike shed? Mine gets propped up in any spare space in the warehouse :biggrin:

tordis

I'm lucky to start work very early, so I have the showers to myself (plus a private bike store, which is also a post room and cleaners' office), but yes, around 8:30-9ish it gets really busy. We get more and more enquiries regarding spaces in the bike shed (they're allocated on a first come first served basis), but there's none left already and I hate having to turn them away :biggrin: Luckily there's good bike parking next to the building I'm based in.
I really like the fact that more and more people get on their bikes. Sometimes, though, I can't help but wonder where they were all winter :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ours are getting busy. And the fair weather riders have absolutely no respect for other peoples bikes so they turn up, ram their bike into a 3 inch gap in the rack and walk away. I did have a picture of my bike being left virtually suspended , all the weight being taken up by the cable lock on the spokes (can't find pic, will post from home). I left a note offering to send them the bill for a £200 wheel. Numpties!

I don't mind winter cycling, I would even say I enjoy it. The only scenario I don't like is cold, wet and windy. I can do wet and windy, windy and cold, cold and wet no problem but all three together and I start to question what the hell I'm doing out on a bike!! :biggrin:

nich

Our garage consists of 4 old bikes all leant up against each other that never move and just gather dust, plus my road bike which I hide in the corner.

However something was different this morning. There was a sparkling new Brompton standing upright bang in the middle, saying 'look at me look at me'.

I don't know why people bother only when it's hot, too much sweat... you almost get as wet as if you cycle in a light drizzle. :biggrin:

Dry and cold(ish) is what I want!

Top Bottom