Having a motorbike delivered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've set my heart on an SV650 (test rode it and loved it, even more than newer bikes I rode). Trouble is, the only ones near me are either too high mileage or the dealers are asking too much.

There's a very good value one miles away "up country" which I'm thinking of buying and having it delivered.

Has anyone ever done this? I've heard horror stories of iffy bikes arriving with leaks and so on, but this one has only done 5000 miles and looks clean enough.

Motorbike forums are saying "you're spending how much on an SV650?". But I want one, and that's it /

S-Express

I've had motorcycles delivered to me via van/courier services, but they've always been restoration projects, so I've never really been too concerned about their condition. Not sure I'd want to pay over the odds for an SV though, either way.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
No I don't either, I know it's only an SV but having test-ridden a few others (MT07, BMW F800, Triumph 955i) the SV was the most fun and practical for my needs. Sods law, now I'm looking for one, none are cropping up locally.

S-Express

SV650 is a great bike, I used to have one (a 650S). No issue with buying one, but I'm just surprised you can't find a decent one locally, as they are pretty ubiquitous.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
^^^^^^^^^+1

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yep, I would take a day off and pick it up personally.
You get to make sure you're happy before parting with dosh.
The best bit is a nice long ride home on your new toy.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Great machines, but I wouldn't buy any bike I hadn't ridden and very closely examined. What's a leisurely day getting a train or coach to go and do the deal?
And the ride back will be awesome.

My advice though...agree a price first, once there, with no return ticket, a lid, gear and gloves...itll be impossible to negotiate a deal or walk away

Top Bottom