Having a motorbike delivered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Try a 675 Street Triple before you get the SV..best fun ever..nothing like a 955..or 1050
Good shout, but I hate the front end of the striple, looks like someone added the lights as an afterthought and based them aesthetically on a giant fly.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
And the ride back will be awesome.

My advice though...agree a price first, once there, with no return ticket, a lid, gear and gloves...itll be impossible to negotiate a deal or walk away

Yes that's my worry. I could spend £150 on a train ride to somewhere, and then the bike could not be as described.

At least with a Dealer there is more chance of a warranty, and comeback if anything is wrong. I don't mind paying a bit more from a dealer as long as it's not stupid money.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes that's my worry. I could spend £150 on a train ride to somewhere, and then the bike could not be as described.

Well surely having to buy a ticket home sans bike is a lot better than having paid up front for an unseen bike which arrives on your doorstep and turns out to be crap. Or for that matter, paying up front for an unseen bike that never arrives at all

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I had a big Kawasaki cruiser delivered to me a few years ago. The guy had very helpfully unloaded it and parked it on my drive before ringing the door bell. He then had to load it back on the truck when I pointed out he had come to the wrong address.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I'd kept schtum and let him drive off. I could have pretended I thought I'd won it in a competition when they caught up with me. I'd have had it long enough to "Run it in", so to speak.

Levo-Lon

Guru
On the deliverd bit..I've had half a dozen from dealers..strapped Down and properly transported.
I'd never use a courier.. Dealer delivery is fine as they know what's what.

MarkF

Guru
I've always fancied an SV650 (Mk1) they look like good, cheap fun.

Anyway....I have had plenty of bikes delivered by general couriers, the last one in October 2016, never had a problem, it's not difficult to strap a bike bike/scooter down! As for mechanical issues, I've always been lucky there too, never a problem, though I do ask all the right questions and talk to the owners, the last one claimed he was Reverend, and he was! ^_^

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Had Street Triple. Great fun but it sounds like its from the Jetsons. Had a few recalls on it from new. Had an SV for 5 years or so now Use it for touring, track days and general sunday morning madness. Its the one bike that I couldn't sell, its just so much fun. And i've owned, Gixxers, Harleys, LC's and big Adventure bikes. It was sooo much fun at Silverstone nibbling away at some of the expensive superbikes away from the straights mind you. ;-)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had Street Triple. Great fun but it sounds like its from the Jetsons. Had a few recalls on it from new. Had an SV for 5 years or so now Use it for touring, track days and general sunday morning madness. Its the one bike that I couldn't sell, its just so much fun. And i've owned, Gixxers, Harleys, LC's and big Adventure bikes. It was sooo much fun at Silverstone nibbling away at some of the expensive superbikes away from the straights mind you. ;-)
I know what you mean But

They are a superb budget Suzuki parts bin bike..and a excellent twin..but please don't compare them to a gsxr1000... Especially at a track day...the gsxr has the sv beat in second gear in flat out terms...

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
I know what you mean But

They are a superb budget Suzuki parts bin bike..and a excellent twin..but please don't compare them to a gsxr1000... Especially at a track day...the gsxr has the sv beat in second gear in flat out terms...
Yea I know My K2 750 would blow it into the weeds, but honestly how many owners including me, can actually get the full potential from a big sports bike, With the suspension sorted on the SV it is very capable little bike that is underpowered exiting corners and on the straights but will and does put up a bloody good fight on the twisties. And cos it costs less than my bicycles, I'm not distraught when I have to fetch it out of the Kitty litter. I can honestly say that in the 40 years I've been riding it is the most fun bike i've owned. Not the fastest, most expensive or technologically advanced. But damn its a bloody laugh to play on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom