Having a motorbike delivered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw one, that was very attractive in a metallic bronze a while ago
It looked damned good!!

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I had a '99 Mille - as you say, an epic machine. Other twins I had were Bmw R1100S, Ducati 900SS, and a Ducati 996.
'Er Indoors had a succession of Monsters, which I might have played with :whistle:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had a '99 Mille - as you say, an epic machine. Other twins I had were Bmw R1100S, Ducati 900SS, and a Ducati 996.
'Er Indoors had a succession of Monsters, which I might have played with :whistle:

You would be lying if you said a four on full chat was boring..but nothing corners like a big twin..just awsom ..torque is everything..

keithmac

Guru
Got to say my mile 1000 was epic...the SP2 was nice but the Italian was better

I'm working on a 2004 rsv-r at the moment, lovely bike but I just don't fit on it!, 3 miles and my back was killing. Saying that they aren't meant for town riding..

We send bikes all over the country, some delivered by us in our van and others by couriers that we've used before and can vouch for.

Personally I'd like to see it in the flesh and have a good poke about but if you buy from a reputable dealer at least you have some comback.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Thanks all. One has come up half an hour away so going to have a look this morning. Only worry is aftermarket can which had advisory for being noisy, i don't care but just thinking of the neighbours.

I think I'd not worry about delivery from a reputable dealer, but would not risk unseen on a private sale. The bloke who just bought my CB400 won it on eBay and never even looked at it nor asked me any questions. Hey was restoring it though.

Got to say my mille 1000 was epic...

Mine tried to kill me with a huge highside on cold tyres !!!

As for the OP, if it's a new bike, then go ahead and get it delivered.

If however, it is a used bike, then go to the address and collect it in person. It's better to spend £ on a rail/coach ticket than £££ on a possible dog

As for the 'noisy' end can....it's only an advisory. I have had an advisory for the Racefit exhaust on my bike every year I have MOT'd it, and thats with the baffle in !

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Or spend £££ on a dodgy one and have the police turn up and take it away the moment you alert them by trying to tax it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The bikes I've bought and had deliverd were part ex bikes..so they bring what I want and take mine away..
Dealer obviously..
You then get chance to thoroughly inspect the dealer bike and also get the warranty..
I have had a 100% success rate with this method.

Buying private can save you a fortune But you really do need to know your shitt.
I used to buy a lot to repair and sell on..but I've walked away from loads of dodgy bikes and sellers.

So beware @Electric_Andy and always walk away if even a tiny bell rings when looking.
And Take a mate who knows a bit too as he will Not have the rose tints on.

Top Bottom