having multiple bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have 3, my best bike a Ribble carbon, my winter bike an 80s Raleigh, heavily modernised and a brilliant commuter although it looks 'workmanlike'... and a Trek hybrid
The winter bike gets so little use now as I cant commute, but I wont get rid because it fullfills a (now) rare requirement. I'd sooner just keep it even if it does fill space in the shed.
The Treks had more use this last year due to my chest problems...ive lost so much fitness the thought of any distance rides puts me off. I dont do 'steady' on a roadbike, while I can pootle on a hybrid, so its filled a need quite well this last year.

The Ribbles getting some sort of regular use now the weathers improving..I still love that bike.

lesley_x

Über Member
I just have two - Specialized Secteur Comp for road riding.
Giant TCX 1 for everything the secteur can't do.

I use the TCX more, but it's not my favourite bike.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well here goes

just finished an unknown steel audax build so thats my commuter for this week and its got sprint & tubs on
last week used my owned since new in 1992 Marin bear valley as commuting bike it was sat on the turbo all winter
then there is my old Pollard that has been my winter commuter and weekend ride bike
next is the Ian May that hasnt seen tarmac since end of last summer
then the nice 80's Peugoet that i used for a week it got dirty i felt guilty getting such a clean bike dirty i have hidden it away till the weather stays dry
then comes tandem last saw daylight about a year ago !
then the trex t10 navigator is sat on turbo training duties
there is also a Clad butler veulta single speed up for sale at mo
then comes work in progress Dave Quinn 70's racer that could be rideable soon
and then 3 framesets waiting in the wings !!

so yes more than 1 bike

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2 Road bikes, an MTB and a fixed road bike. The fixed is the commuter, and the MTB is the mucky bike / icy weather commuter.

The best road bike got used a few times only last year due to my 'undercarriage issues' and the Ribble didn't get used at all. This winter I shoe-horned guards onto the Ribble, and put Conti 4 Seasons on, and it's done two middle distance mucky weather Sportives on it. Unfortunately the return of 'problems' has meant that it's not been used since mid Feb. The best bike hasn't been ridden since July last year. I'm still commuting every day, but 'things' need a rest by weekend.

2 road bikes and a MTB. One of the road bikes was an old one in an unroadworthy condition. I then replaced all the necessary parts and I have started using it as a run-about. The other road bike is for recreational road riding and, bizarrely, I needed a mountain bike for mountain biking.

Brightski

Chronos Racing Team
I have 5 bikes my work mtb which I use every day
My real MTB which is basically "my bike" as in riding to the shop or going for a ride with my wife..
My training bike, a road bike with mudguards which I use 4ish times a week
My TT bike which is my race bike which I use 1/2 times a week through the season..
And an oldskool BMX which I never ride it's just there to look at coz for me that's where it all started..

Top Bottom