Hayfever (again!).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I've been on Beconase nasal spray (few more than recommended mind..) and back with Cetrazine tablets Sunday and Monday.

Seems a lot better but the wether's took a turn for the worse so not counting my chickens yet..

It was that bad I got up at 3am Sunday morning and watched F1 Qualifying, coughing and leaking nose meant no sleep..

TrishE

Über Member
I suffer hayfever too past few weeks have been horrid but not so bad now my eyes have stopped stinging just nose to cope with now. I try not to take medication for stuff.

I suffered for the last 12 months with awful blisters over my left foot itching and a rash couldn't understand it, thought it might be food related and tried cutting foods etc. On one of many google searches found it's possible to be allergic to shoe leather. When I was working in Sainsbury's we had a Clarke's instore and got discount so I bought a couple of pairs of boots which was a year ago and looking back, when the problem started. I stopped wearing them went back to fabric and foot is recovering no blisters or rash now :smile:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I suffered extremely badly a few months ago as it started to get warmer. I had a cold at the time so i couldnt tell if it was just the cold or hayfever playing up. Ive become semi immune to hayfever. Id get a mild runny nose and eyes but i wont be sneezing all over the place.

I find Beconase nasal spray helps a more then the tablets as your body builds up some sort of 'immunity' against the drug and its no longer effective. Taking two hayfever tablets at different times of day doesnt really help either.

Two of my fave antihistamines listed there, have you tried Promethazine?

Shaun

Why do you keep sayin "Shaun" at the end of every post? Seems odd.

I also have hayfever. I do think cold symptoms can actually be much worse. When I get a cold its usually in my chest. I seem prone to coughs which are particularly debilitating for any form of cardio. I take itchy eyes and sneezing any day. I am currently using:

Beconase: Nasal spray. Seems to reduce snot rockets in general.
Benadryl: General anti-histamine.
Opticrom: Eye drops. If my eyes itch, rinsing them with water for a minute or so is effective altho eye drops are a sort of preventative measure.

Impossible to tell if they work because I still get symptoms and then wonder "How much worse would they be without the medication". I cycle along canal paths to work sometimes and haven't major issues, but early season yet. I guess nothing is going to be 100% effective short of surgery.

midlife

Guru
Why do you keep sayin "Shaun" at the end of every post? Seems odd.

I also have hayfever. I do think cold symptoms can actually be much worse. When I get a cold its usually in my chest. I seem prone to coughs which are particularly debilitating for any form of cardio. I take itchy eyes and sneezing any day. I am currently using:

Beconase: Nasal spray. Seems to reduce snot rockets in general.
Benadryl: General anti-histamine.
Opticrom: Eye drops. If my eyes itch, rinsing them with water for a minute or so is effective altho eye drops are a sort of preventative measure.

Impossible to tell if they work because I still get symptoms and then wonder "How much worse would they be without the medication". I cycle along canal paths to work sometimes and haven't major issues, but early season yet. I guess nothing is going to be 100% effective short of surgery.

It's my name and tend to use it more than "midlife". Just for you I'll not sign off :smile:

Top Bottom