He travels best that knows when to return

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It's been a while, so I thought it would be best to wipe my feet, shove a bottle of Lambrini in Shaun's fridge and make a start on the Bombay Mix.

I'm finally back on the bike after nearly a year away. My knees had been a problem for some time, but last year's Hampshire Bimble nearly finished the buggers off. Add to that some stomach problems and a heart scare, and the last thing I wanted to do was sit on a bike.

Anyways, a job change means I can't commute regularly by bike any more which, perversely, means my knees get enough of a rest to clock up a few miles for pleasure. I've also dusted off the turbo and set about trying to look a little less 'distinguished'.

Good to see that many of the faces I've met in the past are still on the forum. What's the news that's fit to print?

Mapster5

Hi there I'm fairly new here how you doing?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just the usual, discussing helmets, even helmuts sometimes ^_^ , and so on.
I thought this was a thread about map reading ... :hello:

Been wondering were you where. Hope the health scares are over, that doesn't sound nice. Knees eh. Learn to spin young man, learn to spin and welcome to the world of the leisure cyclist, it's more relaxing than commuting anyway.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hiya peeps and thanks for the good wishes. There was a period last year where I felt like the portrait in "The Picture of Dorian Gray" - I was falling to bits while a dissolute MacB remained youthful, handsome and suave. Luckily the worst of the health fears haven't come to pass so I've got no excuse to sit about eating pies and farting any more. The knees are responding to kindness and lashings of ibuprofen gel. Thanks for the guidance Crackle. For a fat lad I've always had a reasonable souplesse but the local hills aren't the kindest. Time to retire the 53T chainring I think.

So, cyclechat is all shiny and new. I can't face 'Commuting' - it'll just make me sad. And angry. Sad and very angry. I need to build up my forum stamina - where does a leisure cyclist go for some gentle fluffing?

Pat5 - Last week I discovered that my helmet had mould on it. Is this worth a new thread? :whistle:

Gary E

Veteran
Pat5 - Last week I discovered that my helmet had mould on it. Is this worth a new thread? :whistle:

No but you can get cream for that sort of thing :wacko:

....and hello :hello:

Berties

Fast and careful!
Have just had a quick look at the Hampshire bimble ,top route I ride the area daily riding into romsey ,is the ride going to reappear? ,often ride in and around winch coming in Farley mount way ,nice area

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Have just had a quick look at the Hampshire bimble ,top route I ride the area daily riding into romsey ,is the ride going to reappear? ,often ride in and around winch coming in Farley mount way ,nice area
Hi Berties,

From memory, PpPete is the man to pester for a Bimble rerun, and you''ll struggle to find a more slickly organised ride.

As I live in the west of the city, Farley Mount is my departure point for most rides. If you see a large grimacing man and a Litespeed, chances are its me. Say hello!

Top Bottom