Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would you call your mother, father or sibling in if they took a call whilst driving, or would you have a word in their shell, and tell them to get a hands free kit ?

I've seen loads of people taking calls whilst riding cycles. Wouldn't you agree that they need punishing also ?

My mother and father died you heartless bastard. But yes, I am just as likely to report a member of my immediate family as anyone else. But then, since everyone who knows me knows my position they wouldn't do it in my presence, so the point is moot.

There's a reason that it's not illegal to ride a bicycle whilst using a mobile phone and that is that the people who write legislation recognized the obvious, (der!) that the danger posed by cyclists is miniscule compared to the danger posed by drivers. A concept, I might add, which you'd have a much better grasp of if you ever rode a fricking bike! Which you don't. Because you don't have one.

Linford

My mother and father died you heartless bastard. But yes, I am just as likely to report a member of my immediate family as anyone else. But then, since everyone who knows me knows my position they wouldn't do it in my presence, so the point is moot.

There's a reason that it's not illegal to ride a bicycle whilst using a mobile phone and that is that the people who write legislation recognized the obvious, (der!) that the danger posed by cyclists is miniscule compared to the danger posed by drivers. A concept, I might add, which you'd have a much better grasp of if you ever rode a fricking bike! Which you don't. Because you don't have one.

Same old, same old Mickle. If you ride a cycle and use a phone, it could be argued that you are recklessly endangering yourself, and risking the welfare of others (a bit like RLJ'ing). As you have a duty of care to protect yourself, it is a fairly stupid thing to do, and by the tone of your post sound like it is something you would not be adverse to doing.

It could be argued? If you'll address the points i raised in my post: that the danger posed by cyclists is miniscule compared to the danger posed by cars then you can join me in an argument. Writing 'same old same old' is not really a valid argument.

Linford

I'm in agreement with Lukesdad. Mickle should stay out of the MTB section - especially as that is all I have now (even if it is a shyte one). Go play with the commuters cyclops ^_^

I'm in agreement with Lukesdad. Mickle should stay out of the MTB section - especially as that is all I have now (even if it is a shyte one). Go play with the commuters cyclops ^_^
But you don't have a mountain bike. Since a mountain bike is something which might feasably be ridden up and or down a mountain. Comprende?

Linford

We call them mountain bikes as a descriptive term Mickle. As there aren't any mountains in England, It is rather a silly argument you are trying to make, as the construction cannot realistically match the use on home ground.

However, there are plenty of big hills where I live and I've used mine on them on quite a few occasions - it is however still a shyte bike and that is why I've tried not to make a habit of it :thumbsup:

Linford

While the defintion of a mountain is a tricky one to pin down I would argue these cannot be described as hills either and so England does indeed have its share of, albeit modest, mountains.

Do you mind !!!! This is a titanic battle between hobbyist and anorak. Pride is at stake in this momentous willy waiving contest :becool:

Some may have forgotten that I have tremendous staying power (just ask MrP), whilst Mickle just goes for the aggressive thrusting style in the hope he will beat his opposition into flacid submission ^_^

We might need to bring in a fluffer for him in a bit as I can see he is already beginning to wilt...

Top Bottom