Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

We call them mountain bikes as a descriptive term Mickle. As there aren't any mountains in England, It is rather a silly argument you are trying to make, as the construction cannot realistically match the use on home ground.

However, there are plenty of big hills where I live and I've used mine on them on quite a few occasions - it is however still a shyte bike and that is why I've tried not to make a habit of it :thumbsup:
"Big hill bike" doesn t quite have the same ring to it does it ? ^_^

Linford

"Big hill bike" doesn t quite have the same ring to it does it ? ^_^

Quite so. Isn't it a similar reason why the yanks call 4x4's 'Sport Utility Vehicles' ('sport' being the operative word)

GrasB

Veteran
I've seen loads of people taking calls whilst riding cycles. Wouldn't you agree that they need punishing also ?
IMO the police force is under staffed & over burdened by red tape. So for the moment I think it's a waste of time for the police, & thus the law, to be dealing with the relatively low risk situations when there are people bringing much higher risk factors to the roads.

Linford

One of them picks and choses when they want to partake in the activity, the other is a bit anal about the whole thing, and considers anyone else who does't share their level of enthusiasm to be a fraud.

I also consider myself to be a driver, biker, and a horse rider also as I also own them, but I actually spend more time on foot as a pedestrian than all the others put together (so that makes me and everyone else a pedestrian then doesn't it by Mickles reasoning)

I guess that you can only truly be a 'cyclist' when you are actually in the saddle, and not siting at a desk banging buttons on the interweb....

lukesdad

Sort of all rounder then ^_^

One of them picks and choses when they want to partake in the activity, the other is a bit anal about the whole thing, and considers anyone else who does't share their level of enthusiasm to be a fraud.

I also consider myself to be a driver, biker, and a horse rider also as I also own them, but I actually spend more time on foot as a pedestrian than all the others put together (so that makes me and everyone else a pedestrian then doesn't it by Mickles reasoning)

I guess that you can only truly be a 'cyclist' when you are actually in the saddle, and not siting at a desk banging buttons on the interweb....

You're throwing up a rather pathetic smoke screen in an attempt to hide the real point. Which is this: You never start or participate in threads which have anything whatsoever to do with cycling and you don't own a bike. One of these facts would be unusual in a person who so regularly frequents a forum called CycleChat, but both? On the rare occasions you do talk about cycling it's clearly from the point of view of a 4x4 driving motorist, such as your latest der brained comment on motorists vs cyclists with mobile phones.

So why are you here?

Linford

You're throwing up a rather pathetic smoke screen in an attempt to hide the real point. Which is this: You never start or participate in threads which have anything whatsoever to do with cycling and you don't own a bike. One of these facts would be unusual in a person who so regularly frequents a forum called CycleChat, but both? On the rare occasions you do talk about cycling it's clearly from the point of view of a 4x4 driving motorist, such as your latest der brained comment on motorists vs cyclists with mobile phones.

So why are you here?

Your charming company is irresistable Mickle

Your charming company is irresistable Mickle

Evasion. You never start or participate in threads which have anything whatsoever to do with cycling and you don't own a bike. What brings you to Cyclechat?

I might be able to be persuaded that you work at GCHQ and are keeping an eye on us cyclist activists on behalf of a paranoid secret service, what with living in Cheltenham and all. Except that I understand that they tend to recruit folks with a capacity for rational thought.

Top Bottom