Head Plate Coming Undone - 2021 Trek Domane SLR7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mohnik

Hey Everyone, I ordered the 2021 Trek Domane SLR7 brand new. Absolutely love the bike and it has had zero issues. Randomly, the top front (no idea what its called) of the frame has started coming undone. The bike has never been crashed or taken apart, its kept in pristine shape. I try pressing the pieces back in, down, etc. but they pop right back out. I've tried to loosen the top screw, push the two pieces back in and screw it back in, to no success.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 7
Try your LBS - I guess that's specific to your model - I've never had a bike with anything like that.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t mess with anything attached to the frame on such a new bike due to the warranty, LBS as said

Reactions: C R

Chislenko

Veteran
I think it is just a dust cover to stop dirt / rain getting in.

Recently at a cafe stop I was talking to two lads with new Specialized bikes and they had a similar issue on their bikes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd go for either hot melt or, safer silicone sealant, then press together and apply tape whilst it sets. It's not permanent, but will hold it. Otherwise it's LBS and a lengthy wait !

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd go for either hot melt or, safer silicone sealant, then press together and apply tape whilst it sets. It's not permanent, but will hold it. Otherwise it's LBS and a lengthy wait !

Why a lengthy wait? My LBS would take a look as a walk in :becool:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Absolutely love the bike and but it has one major had zero issues.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
contact retailer and get them to fix it.

OP
OP
M

mohnik

Brought the bike to LBS that services Trek. Apparently has happened in the past (Isospeed head plate loose) and they will warranty another. Thanks

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom