Headcam footage of spat between driver and cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4955368/Aggressive-motorist-threatens-cyclist.html

There have been a few videos of similar incidents posted in the past. The view that cyclists should always pull over to allow cars to pass seems quite widespread, and is expressed by the very aggressive driver in this case. Some of the comments following the article also express that view. Many people seem incapable or unwilling to challenge such assumptions, or try to see things from the cyclist's angle. All been said before, I know.

Glad the driver got some comeuppance.

alicat

Legendary Member
Would have been better if the cyclist had stopped behind the red line then set off when the lightes were on green.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
The weird thing is that at least around here being "punished" by the driver cutting in front of you when they disapprove of your cycling is actually very routine and almost seems normal. Certainly I don't do anything more than swear under my breath.

I've also had two people get out of their cars and try to attack me.

However, the response is disinterest from the police and licence/insurance/red lights/helmet from the media.

When you actually see it written down, knowing that cyclists are dying because of this, it seems insane.

oldstrath

Über Member
The weird thing is that at least around here being "punished" by the driver cutting in front of you when they disapprove of your cycling is actually very routine and almost seems normal. Certainly I don't do anything more than swear under my breath.

I've also had two people get out of their cars and try to attack me.

However, the response is disinterest from the police and licence/insurance/red lights/helmet from the media.

When you actually see it written down, knowing that cyclists are dying because of this, it seems insane.
Usually drivers round here aren't that bad, although one eejit stopped, got out of his car, and spent 30 seconds or so berating me for slowing him down and making him late for whatever. Then wondered why I was laughing at him.

Eventually it dawned on him that he was wasting even more time, and swearing at a 6 ft. 16 st ex rugby player. So he sort of deflated, and drove off to have his MI somewhere else

Lonestar

Veteran
Had one today between Canning Town and Plaistow Hermit Road......Overtakes me in a pinch point.No worry I saw it coming plus it wasn`t the worst pass I have encountered.As it turns out I caught the boy racer up at the lights at Plaistow.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Had one today between Canning Town and Plaistow Hermit Road......Overtakes me in a pinch point.No worry I saw it coming plus it wasn`t the worst pass I have encountered.As it turns out I caught the boy racer up at the lights at Plaistow.
And does urine damage car paintwork? :evil:

johnnyb47

Guru
It ironic that a driver has got the precious time to stop and complain to a cyclist about being held up. If he feels he,s being held up and delayed from that "all important" trip to Burger King ( and let's be honest its only a matter of seconds of being delayed) he can magically find the time to stop and complain :-) :-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4955368/Aggressive-motorist-threatens-cyclist.html

There have been a few videos of similar incidents posted in the past. The view that cyclists should always pull over to allow cars to pass seems quite widespread, and is expressed by the very aggressive driver in this case. Some of the comments following the article also express that view. Many people seem incapable or unwilling to challenge such assumptions, or try to see things from the cyclist's angle. All been said before, I know.

v8exwl.png

Not the first time either! A few years back, the same guy was filmed startin on another guy at a gym:

pic7.png

Crankarm

Guru

A swift left hook would have floored him and been more satisfying. Self defence m'lud.

Top Bottom