Heading into London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
'Lo. Wanna pick some brains on here..

Thanks to my general incompetence I have screwed some dates up and have to ride into London (either London Bridge or the Strand) from Croydon on Wednesday late afternoon.

Any suggestions as for routes? For instance, don't want to be massively sweaty so how hilly are Herne hill/ Brixton Hill roads? Never ridden that side into town before - usually in a car.

Bear in mind I am on an eight-speed hybrid!

Ta

vickster

Legendary Member
Well I'd go, Croydon to Carshalton to Rose Hill, then Morden, Colliers Wood, pick up CS7 all the way to Southwark bridge, easy for London Bridge, probably cut off at Stockwell to Vauxhall for the embankment and Strand. That's pretty flat after Rose Hill

Or just get the train ;)

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
Thanks all.

Hey Adrian, thanks. Just wanted to mine any other local tips.
Didn't think of heading into the old manor and picking up CS7 Vikster :wacko: Although I'd probably go via Hackbridge/Mill Green rather than Rose Hill (Lazy!) as I do when I pop back to Wimbledon.

Agreed Slowmotion. In fact, I've tried to avoid it coming in from the west since I was a kid!

vickster

Legendary Member
Probably makes more sense, I don't know hackbridge at all

Vauxhall ok if coming along Wandsworth road and getting in the lane for Waterloo, straight run all in daylight. The curvy bit under the railway is the scary part!

wilkotom

... CS7 all the way to Southwark bridge, easy for London Bridge, probably cut off at Stockwell to Vauxhall for the embankment and Strand. That's pretty flat after Rose Hill

I'd probably cut across Clapham Common then go down the hill to Chelsea Bridge and pick up CS8 toward Westminster. You get away from Vauxhall at least but you still have to deal with Parliament Square...

Top Bottom