Heads up: Transport Committee- Road traffic law enforcement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamangler

Veteran
Looks interesting

Tin Pot

Guru
Can't get the agenda to show - do we know the points that will be raised? Is the focus on cars or bikes or both?

Brandane

Legendary Member
If there are no Police on the roads, it stands to reason that there will be less recorded incidents of traffic offences involving dangerous driving.
Similar to other supposedly victimless crimes such as crimes of disorder.
Less Police = less crime, according to the Government. They obviously walk around with their eyes closed.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

the Parliament channel aren't showing it but they came to MP's questions and it all went a bit pathetic and predictable along the lines of "One time I saw a cyclist do something bad".

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
BBC Parliament shows select committee coverage on Fridays but I can't find a schedule of exactly what is when. Highlights may be on their daily summary show at 2300 and 0900 but it sounds like there weren't any!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"Sorry your browser is not supported" wow. User agent sniffing. Party like it's 1990 and never mind all the browsers we don't know or misdetect. Exactly the sort of cutting edge tech we expect from our legislators!

So, what did it say for you?

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Goddammit, sorry, it should load up I think. I still haven't seen it but apparently the evidence given was ok but the questions were dumbass and depressing as hell:

Geffen:

"So we can see roads policing is drastically down, illegal driving is never more likely to go undetected and the police make it hard to report incidents. Any questions from the MPs?"

Pointless old dribble bag MP: "One time I saw a cyclist with his bum out."

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

My mistake again, it wasn't an MP, it was Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon :

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/cy...an-motorists-claims-transport-minister/018723

In a debate in the House of Lords yesterday Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon claimed that cyclists pose more danger to “commuters” than “trucks and cars.” The Tory peer is the Under Secretary of State for Transport. His claim about the dangers posed by cyclists was quickly highlighted by the Tory peer Lord Robathan who asked Lord Ahmad to reveal the statistics for the number of “motorists … killed or severely injured by cyclists in a year …” adding that he’d also like to know how many pedestrians were killed by cyclists and how cyclists were killed by motorists.

Lord Ahmad didn’t have those statistics close to hand but said he’d provide them in a written answer.

Top Bottom