Heart attack part two

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Was it a car driver? They get there sooner than the buses on the whole. The dispatch is made as soon the phone callers whereabouts are verified and the call is triaged. When chest pain is mentioned it gets a high priority and they are on the way while further details are taken. The car drivers tend to park up in convenient locations so they can get to most places in the quickest time possible.
Yes he was in a car, it was good in the ambulance aswell with all the sirensgoing,^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Glad to hear your on the mend, as i say
"Every day your alive is a good day "

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Glad you've given it up. Lots of evidence to show how well the body can recover from the cumulative effects of the weed. You have a real motivation not to light up again as well. Are you using nicotine replacement therapy? It can really help with staying stopped.
Have got the patches and rest of the gear, but i don't think i will need it, it's there just in case,
When you have a heart attack you change the way you look at life, there are a few changes in the pipe line to come,

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I would say use patches and whatever you need to wean yourself off the nicotine, going cold turkey will put stress on your heart and that would not be good after what you've just suffered!
pete

D

Deleted member 1258

Have got the patches and rest of the gear, but i don't think i will need it, it's there just in case,
When you have a heart attack you change the way you look at life, there are a few changes in the pipe line to come,

Glad you got it sorted and are on the mend, and welcome to the club, there's a few of us on here with stents fitted, I had four put in a few years ago. The change in outlook is common, it tends to make people more aware of what's important in life.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

Glad you got it sorted and are on the mend, and welcome to the club, there's a few of us on here with stents fitted, I had four put in a few years ago. The change in change in outlook is common, it tends to make people more aware of what's important in life.
Thanks for that, how long did it take for you to get back on the bike, am fealing really good at the moment just a week down the line, got to see the doc next friday, not really sure how much of anything i am allowed to do, the other half is giving me a hard time but i am getting out for walks everyday and playing with the grandchildren, was going to try to ring the hospital tommorrow and speak to someone there, get so bored not working or being able to get out.

Just over a year ago I couldn't climb the stairs at home due to breath shortage, then had a quadruple heart bypass. Now I'm playing golf, just got back on my bike, and have a whole new outlook on life. The worst thing I ever did was smoke. Been free from the weed for 5 years now and enjoying my retirement. Hoping to ride 15 miles this week which will be an enourmous achievement for me. I'm told cycling is one of the best exercises for heart victims.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks for that, how long did it take for you to get back on the bike, am fealing really good at the moment just a week down the line, got to see the doc next friday, not really sure how much of anything i am allowed to do, the other half is giving me a hard time but i am getting out for walks everyday and playing with the grandchildren, was going to try to ring the hospital tommorrow and speak to someone there, get so bored not working or being able to get out.

I had Angina and got away without having a heart attack, anything that pushed the heart rate towards max had me backing off in pain, similar to indigestion, I ran for a bus one day and it took me ten minutes to recover. I never stopped work or stopped cycling, when my GP made the initial diagnosis he reached for his sick note pad, I told him to put it away and carried on working, just took it easy as much as I could, with the cycling I stopped the Sunday club rides, I couldn't even keep up with the slow family group without bringing on the angina, I carried on commuting but backed the pace right off, imposed a max speed limit of 15mph on myself and either walked or took it very easy on the hills, kept my effort below the level that triggered the angina. I had the stents put in on the 9th July 2008, a Wednesday, the following Monday I was back at work and back on the bike, far too early, I should have left it at least another week, a fortnight after that I was back on the Sunday rides, riding alone and taking it easy. I've not had problems with chest pains since the stents were fitted and I was pretty quickly back to normal, the cycling's back to about 90-95% of what it was before the angina, though I still do most of my Sunday rides alone, I don't do a club ride very often.

Top Bottom