Heart attack part two

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back home at last, been told it's a month of work

Good news but I hope that's "a month off work" not "a month of work" ! My dad took up cycling after a quad bypass and did loads of riding. It came highly recommended by his consultant once the immediate recovery was over (and a sore groin for a stent these days is as nothing compared to a split sternum for a bypass. Good luck with it.

Davidc

Guru
I may be different to you because I had a bypass, but the only real differences from before the MI I notice are the limiting effect of the beta blockers I still get told to take, and the need to take warming up properly seriously (if I don't it takes ages to get full power out of my body)

bongofury66

Just had my 3rd MI (8 weeks ago - out cycling (again) of course) (had a triple bypass 12 years ago). Just back on the bike. Take it easy and build confidence. You will be fine. I climbed 14000 ft in Africa 6 months after bypass. There again, i have just enjoyed event number 3! Seriously, slowly build up and you will be as good as new in no time.

Take care

bongofury66

Beta blockers just slow the heart rate down. I hate them cos they make me feel very lethargic. However, you need to discuss with your GP. If you are not getting any chest pain, maybe your heart could be allowed to speed up again. I stopped taking them and was then able to do more....however I was COMPLETELY sympton free at the time so I was ok. Let your GP decide.

bongofury66

My pleasure. I am afraid I am a bit of an unabashed veteran of things cardiac. I don't know about Lance Armstrong but you should see the drugs I need to do the 2 miles to work!:wacko:

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Cycle wise back to normal, doing everything i did before, getting fed up taking the drugs and feeling tired every afternoon, waking up three times every night to have a jimmy, got to go back for a check up in a couple of weeks time, hopefully they might be able to sort something out with the tiredness, or is this something i will have to live with, sounds like there are a few of us who have suffered, ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes i have not had one since it happened, thought i would struggle when we went on holiday but i have been fine, still fancy one every now and then, just need to get the other half to stop. it's been something i wanted to do for a while just needed that kick up the backside,

It's amazing, I quit smoking in 1977 yet I still get the occasional urge for a cigarette.

Top Bottom