Heart bypass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
@Leaway2 firstly so sorry I didn't see this thread until now. I did notice you hadn't been on Strava for a while but I assumed it was just one of those things
I'm very glad to hear you're recuperating and the operation wen well. I hope to see you on the bike again with your sons soon.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
-----------Update----------------
I had a quad heart bypass on the 13th of Jan (Monday). After the op I spent 3 days in ICU then on to the ward until Sunday when I was discharged. I am currently R and R'ing with my son and D.I.L (who are doing a great job of spoiling me rotten).
Apart from the the obvious chest cut, they "mined" my right leg for a vein. The cut goes from my ankle to my groin so I guess the pickings were slim.
I am considering a tattoo of the tour de France with the grand depart at my ankle, the Paris finish at my groin, with the major climbs along the way or maybe the Man - Llandudno, with Eureka and Rhyl.
I am continuing to make notable progress every day and although still in pain, it is getting better. Hopefully back on the bike soon.
The scar on my leg sounds like yours. I too wondered why they wanted to harvest twenty three inches of vein, and came to the conclusion that they would prefer to have some spare at the end of the operation than have to dash down to Screwfix half way though.

D

Deleted member 1258

-----------Update----------------
I had a quad heart bypass on the 13th of Jan (Monday). After the op I spent 3 days in ICU then on to the ward until Sunday when I was discharged. I am currently R and R'ing with my son and D.I.L (who are doing a great job of spoiling me rotten).
Apart from the the obvious chest cut, they "mined" my right leg for a vein. The cut goes from my ankle to my groin so I guess the pickings were slim.
I am considering a tattoo of the tour de France with the grand depart at my ankle, the Paris finish at my groin, with the major climbs along the way or maybe the Man - Llandudno, with Eureka and Rhyl.
I am continuing to make notable progress every day and although still in pain, it is getting better. Hopefully back on the bike soon.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s interesting that they left it untreated for 2 and half months.
Did they give you medicine and strict instructions to keep your heart rate low?
Could you “enjoy” Christmas?

Top Bottom