Heart rate monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good ol' Graham.

Or good old Graeme^_^

reacher

The biggest climb that I have done is the Tudons from the coast near Benidorm. That is from sea level to an altitude of just over 1,000 metres and is not as steep as the Ventoux. My legs, heart and lungs were fine because I was riding up at a sensible, steady pace. What got me was backache. From about halfway up the climb my back muscles were starting to give me a lot of discomfort The last few kms were really unpleasant. I was surprised by that because I do an awful lot of climbing round here (and much of that is steep), but there is nothing that requires unrelenting effort for such a long time.

I'm not sure if back/core exercises would help with that? I find that my back is always the weakest link. As it is now, I know that I could not cope with something as hard as Ventoux without several stops to stretch my back.

That would start about 10 pages of discussion on its own, having looked back on some of the other forums and this one core work/ exercises and gym work, it's probably one of the most contentious issues their is. Personally I think you have answered your own question

Top Bottom