Heart Rates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Just curious on what everyones recorded heart rates are, ive been tinkering with a new gadget as you can probably tell! next will be a garmin with HRM so i can tie it into my workouts

so, resting heart rate is 52-53 BPM, max recorded heartrate so far is 175 BPM. havent checked my recovery rate yet though

so whats your max recorded so far and who has the lowest resting rate?

Resting HR is around 64. I can maintain a rate of 160-165 whilst riding. Max has been 192. You might want to include an age reference as well. I'm 43 - so at 192 my heart should have ripped itself out of my chest and slapped me round the face for pushing so hard. ^_^

BSRU

A Human Being
I have not checked my resting heart rate for a while but it was in the 40's, my maximum heart rate so far has been 186, but I only bought the heart rate monitor for my Garmin a couple of weeks ago. Normally average around 135 to 140bpm.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Just curious on what everyones recorded heart rates are, ive been tinkering with a new gadget as you can probably tell! next will be a garmin with HRM so i can tie it into my workouts

so, resting heart rate is 52-53 BPM, max recorded heartrate so far is 175 BPM. havent checked my recovery rate yet though
Useless without knowing your age! Recovery is one of the important markers for improving fitness. The harder you have to work to get to 85%+ of max the better. Using the 220 minus your age is not really accurate to find you Max but can be used as a marker.

Resting 45bpm Max Recorded 165bpm RHR 2 Minutes 74bpm 47 years old

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
45 min, max I have got it to is 181 I am 41 so close to the basic formula. All that said I try to push just below max rather than trying to hit it.

VamP

Banned
Useless without knowing your age! Recovery is one of the important markers for improving fitness. The harder you have to work to get to 85%+ of max the better. Using the 220 minus your age is not really accurate to find you Max but can be used as a marker.

Resting 45bpm Max Recorded 165bpm RHR 2 Minutes 74bpm 47 years old

I agree it's largely useless to compare heart rates, but not sure why knowing someone's age might make it less so?

Having said that here's mine :laugh:

Resting 43 bpm max 175 bpm RHR 2 mins 68bpm age 44 years

Longest I can stay in Zone 5 (above 92% max) is 1 hour

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was fitter, slimmer and younger, the minimum resting heart rate I achieved (lying in bed first thing in the morning and deeply relaxed) was 33-34 bpm (these days it is much higher - high 50s?) and the maximum was 199 bpm going up a 25% hill into a headwind (no idea what it would be now, maybe 180?).

Andrew_P

I agree it's largely useless to compare heart rates, but not sure why knowing someone's age might make it less so?

Having said that here's mine :laugh:

Resting 43 bpm max 175 bpm RHR 2 mins 68bpm age 44 years

Longest I can stay in Zone 5 (above 92% max) is 1 hour
Only less so using the 220 minus age, so if the OP was 85 years old a max of 175 would be pretty high!

Andrew_P

On a side note, in two years of cycling I have never seen my predicted max of 172, and two years ago my RHR was les than 20!!

pkeenan

Über Member
My max heart rate is 205bpm, my resting heart rate is between circa 55 bpm. My average heart rate (across about 40 rides) is 171bpm. I'm 23 years old.
Not sure what any of that means - but yeah, thought I may as well whack 'em up!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Resting is about 45 but haven't taken it when I have just woke up and still in bed, so possibly a little lower. Max I have seen is around 184 but never done a ramp test or whatever they are called to determine true max. Recovery is good and I find it fairly difficult to reach sustained high levels, these days unless pressing a stiffish gear uphill.

rb58

Enigma
Resting is usually around 42 bpm. Only once have I knowingly gone over the '220-age' formula maximum on a ride (as far as I know - I don't bother with the HRM anymore). That was attacking a long steep hill. I don't do that anymore!

Top Bottom