Hebden Bridge / Marsden / Holmfirth / Emley Moor - Sunday, May 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum

Haha! If it was just me and Colin, the ride would have a slight "father and son" look about it. Maybe he'll by me an ice cream? :-D

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calum said:
Haha! If it was just me and Colin, the ride would have a slight "father and son" look about it. Maybe he'll by me an ice cream? :-D
Oh yes, it hadn't slipped my notice that you and aJ are young enough to be my children. In fact, I was thinking that you two's parents are probably younger than me! ;)

I noticed the "Are policemen getting younger?" thing a few years ago and my bro-in-law pointed out recently that I'm only 5.5 years off getting my bus pass (if the Liberal Tories don't put the qualifying age up)!

Calum

Don't worry, my Dad's 57 if that makes you feel any better! Actually, I might try calling you "Dad" on the ride a few times, just to scare the living s**t out of you! ;)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Calum said:
Don't worry, my Dad's 57 if that makes you feel any better! Actually, I might try calling you "Dad" on the ride a few times, just to scare the living s**t out of you! :ohmy:
Phew! Or should that be "What were you doing still up at that time in the morning, lad!"

Would any other surrogate parents (or surrogate brothers and sisters) for young Calum like to join us on Sunday?

PS You can buy your own ice-cream - I'm hard up! :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

aJohnson said:
Looks unlikely for me on Sunday sorry, maybe next one ;)
Okay Andy. It looks like it is just me + Calum then.

Just in case anybody decides to come along at the last moment without telling me (it has happened twice before on my rides!)... Please note - the ride is starting 30 minutes earlier than stated above. I'll look out for cyclists at 09:20 at the Market Place car park and then ride round to meet Calum at Hebden Bridge railway station at 09:30.

Garz

Squat Member
Sorry mate, just done the Pennine Challenge, terrible event. Everyone complained about the sign-age (lack of) with all people getting lost.

Dont total of 69 miles and my legs are very fatigued now so wont be cycling very far if at all tomorrow!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Garz said:
Sorry mate, just done the Pennine Challenge, terrible event. Everyone complained about the sign-age (lack of) with all people getting lost.

Dont total of 69 miles and my legs are very fatigued now so wont be cycling very far if at all tomorrow!
Oops - it had the same organiser as the Jodrell Bank Sportive which also came in for a lot of criticism. Still, you got 69 miles in - I've been stuck in front of the PC all day!

Catch you on another one...

aJohnson

It's still iffy whether I can make it or not, but I still may be able.

colly

Re member eR
I wish I could make it Colin. All this lovely sunshine and I am doing things that I have to do rather than what I would like to do.:wacko::sad:

I'm not complaining really' even if it sounds like I am.:laugh:

looks like the good weather will hold for tomorrow.

:biggrin:Have a good ride.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

colly said:
I wish I could make it Colin. All this lovely sunshine and I am doing things that I have to do rather than what I would like to do.:tongue::sad:
That was me today, stuck indoors at my PC. :ohmy:

colly said:
looks like the good weather will hold for tomorrow.

:biggrin:Have a good ride.
I'm worried about overheating!

My legs haven't seen the fresh air for about 8 months and look terribly pale. What's worse - I won't be able to wear any form of jacket to disguise my beer belly! I'll have to try and breathe in for the whole ride... :becool:

aJohnson said:
Scratch that, 0% chance of me coming, sorry. Have a good ride though.
Okay, and thanks.

I might suggest something for the 30th May and then I'm booked up for every weekend in June. Anybody fancy the Red Rose Ride from Halifax on June 13th?

Top Bottom