Hebden Bridge / Marsden / Holmfirth / Emley Moor - Sunday, May 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Blimey, what a disaster.

A few years ago I quickly fitted a new set of wheels to my bike the morning of a 100mile ride. I was in such a rush I forgot to use any rim tape. As we all rode out of the carpark I puntured. It wasn't until I was putting in a new tube in that I realised why I'd got a flat.

I had to abandon the ride, but I was very glad I'd found out at the start of the ride rather than half way around.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
RedBike said:
I will try my best to make one of these rides!
That would be good, and knowing you, you'd ride here and back as well!

Congratulations on your 24 hour ride by the way (you too trio25!) - though I still think you push yourself too hard at times.

I don't do enough riding so when I do go out on these hilly rides it hurts far more than it would do if I was regularly getting some easier miles in. I've got the attitude of a fairly fit younger man, but the body of a slightly fit older man and the pain comes from the discrepancy! :laugh:

Calum

I'd love to do a proper ride from HB, after sunday's slightly failed attempt. Trouble is, i'm going back to bristol on friday the 4th, so this weekend is the only opportunity i'll have. (apart from midweek rides) If anyone fancies it on saturday or sunday, i'd be in!

RedBike

ColinJ said:
That would be good, and knowing you, you'd ride here and back as well!

Congratulations on your 24 hour ride by the way (you too trio25!) - though I still think you push yourself too hard at times.

Ummm, I was thinking of riding there and back . :laugh: I'm just not too sure of the best way to get through Manchester / Rochdale

It's going to be a good 200mile ride which is why i've chickened out of the last few times. For obvious reasons I'm not intrested in spending hours in the saddle if its going to snow, gale force winds, rain etc .

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
RedBike said:
Ummm, I was thinking of riding there and back . :laugh: I'm just not too sure of the best way to get through Manchester / Rochdale

It's going to be a good 200mile ride which is why i've chickened out of the last few times. For obvious reasons I'm not intrested in spending hours in the saddle if its going to snow, gale force winds, rain etc .
In my opinion, the best way to go through Manchester and Rochdale is to go round them! :laugh:

Of course that would mean doing a rather lumpy ride over bits of the Pennines which you might well not want to do on such a long ride...

Top Bottom