heeeeellllllllppppppppppp!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Nothing showing up online about a man arriving at Casualty with a carbon fibre bike up his bum yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the days not over yet.

Zoiders

bonj said:
Stick something else of a specific length down the seat tube, such as the end of a broom, so that the seat tube will only be able to go in so far? it might be a bit wobbly, and you'll never get the other thing out, but it will put your saddle at the right height for the ride home.
Dont do that

The stick will rest on the bottle cage boss that sticks out of the seat tube both inside and out, your weight will loosen it and damage the carbon around it, leaving you with a permanantly fooked frame.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Well...................i made it!

Got home fine and the tape held all the way home.

I must admit to being concerned about splitting the downtube with the effective electrical tape wedge but i removed the tape when i got home and it seems fine. I tried not to put too much weight in the seat on the way home so im hoping ive gotten way with it.

So......thats my top tip for the future ....always carry some electrical tape with your p**cture repair gear. Its a life saver.

Thanks for all the sensible tips and the stooopid ones, at least they made me laugh.

Monst

Why didn't you wait a bit and go home when the shops were opening and just get a new saddle clamp from an LBS? - preferably a nice campag or ambrosio one with an off set clamp (so as not to damage carbon frames, or seat posts)

Noodley

got-to-get-fit said:
So......thats my top tip for the future ....always carry some electrical tape with your p**cture repair gear. Its a life saver.

Or, alternatively: always carry a spare seat post clamp ;)

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Now, i had thought about that. I was thinking should i buy 2 and carry one with me .....but then where do you stop? I would be carrying an spare set of forks with me before you knew it.;)

Does anyone think that its a smart idea to carry another clamp or am i just being far too cautious??????????:smile:

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Monst said:
Why didn't you wait a bit and go home when the shops were opening and just get a new saddle clamp from an LBS? - preferably a nice campag or ambrosio one with an off set clamp (so as not to damage carbon frames, or seat posts)

The nearest shop from where i work is 8 mile and its not a bike shop......so not really an option.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I realize that it's too late to be of any use at this point, but, was there an auto parts store or garage nearby that could have supplied you with a worm-gear type radiator hose clamp?

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

i know it sounds amazing but no there isnt.

The funny thing is that i work on a petrochemical facility with a massive engineering store......however we didnt have a worm gear hose clip either as they were deemed unsafe last year and banned on site.

yenrod

got-to-get-fit said:
Well...................i made it!

Got home fine and the tape held all the way home.

I must admit to being concerned about splitting the downtube with the effective electrical tape wedge but i removed the tape when i got home and it seems fine. I tried not to put too much weight in the seat on the way home so im hoping ive gotten way with it.

Thanks for all the sensible tips and the stooopid ones, at least they made me laugh.

If that you in the pic you look quite light; so sorted ! ;)

Top Bottom