Heels lifting in cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
My very nice Sidi road shoes must have loosened up a bit since new and I’ve noticed I’m getting a little heel lift on my last couple of rides despite best efforts with adjusting the Velcro and ratchet straps.

Can you get heel grips that you fit inside the shoe to help with this? My friend google didn’t throw up anything obvious when I’ve just searched - almost too much choice!

Alternatively would replacement inner soles be better?

Any recommendati9ns or advice?

Sounds like they are too big? Not sure if there is a cure but lbs might help. Good luck (its really important to get a spot on fit)

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Sounds like they are too big? Not sure if there is a cure but lbs might help. Good luck (its really important to get a spot on fit)

They’ve been fine until this week -wonder if it is a combination of thinner socks that I was wearing plus colder feet and inner soles wearing?

Thicker socks

Cheers. I have a nice pair of thick merino socks that I’ll check with

If they’re good enough for your stilettos then they may be worth a try !

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have the same with my Body Geometry shoes; they are a very snug fit and quite dainty but as the ride progesses I find myself reaching down and tweaking the adjuster from time to time as I feel that my heels shouldn't be lifting. In summer, in thin socks, by the end of a ride the blood supply to my toes can be beginning to slow down.

Top Bottom