1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heels lifting in cycling shoes

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Buck, 13 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Buck

Buck Veteran

My very nice Sidi road shoes must have loosened up a bit since new and I’ve noticed I’m getting a little heel lift on my last couple of rides despite best efforts with adjusting the Velcro and ratchet straps.

Can you get heel grips that you fit inside the shoe to help with this? My friend google didn’t throw up anything obvious when I’ve just searched - almost too much choice!

Alternatively would replacement inner soles be better?

Any recommendati9ns or advice?

2. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo Parks, Hotels and Palaces, Europe Endless.

Sounds like they are too big? Not sure if there is a cure but lbs might help. Good luck (its really important to get a spot on fit)

dave r and Buck like this.
  3. alicat

alicat Guru

Thicker socks

dave r, raleighnut and Buck like this.
  4. woodenspoons

woodenspoons Senior Member

5. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

6. OP
    OP
    Buck

Buck Veteran

7. OP
    OP
    Buck

Buck Veteran

They’ve been fine until this week -wonder if it is a combination of thinner socks that I was wearing plus colder feet and inner soles wearing?

Cheers. I have a nice pair of thick merino socks that I’ll check with

If they’re good enough for your stilettos then they may be worth a try !

alicat likes this.
  8. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Regular

9. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I have the same with my Body Geometry shoes; they are a very snug fit and quite dainty but as the ride progesses I find myself reaching down and tweaking the adjuster from time to time as I feel that my heels shouldn't be lifting. In summer, in thin socks, by the end of a ride the blood supply to my toes can be beginning to slow down.

10. hoopdriver

hoopdriver Über Member

I’ve seen very well dressed people cycling in stilettos and looking quite elegant. Personally, I’d be worried about the heel slipping into the drive train - at least on my bike - although as I recall the people I saw were riding Dutch commuters with chain guards.

Adam4868 likes this.