Height of head tube on Orbea Gain m/?/e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steelisbest

Thinking of ordering a Gain eBike. Can anyone tell me if you can raise the height of the handlebars? I have them higher on my current bike and don't think i can go lower.
Thanks

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
My alloy framed Gain came with 3X10mm spacers above the conical headset cover (total = 37 mm above top of head tube to bottom of stem), and 10mm spacer above so I think I could raise the bars another 5 - 8 mm or so.
NB - If the forks have a carbon steerer tube it is not recommended to use any sort of bolt-on steerer extender.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I believe the Gain has cables running through its headset, which Orbea describe as 'semi integrated'.

Those cable runs will likely be tight, thus limiting any raising of the bars

The stem also appears non-standard, so I doubt an ordinary extended or upward angled one would fit.

youngoldbloke

I believe the Gain has cables running through its headset, which Orbea describe as 'semi integrated'.

Those cable runs will likely be tight, thus limiting any raising of the bars

The stem also appears non-standard, so I doubt an ordinary extended or upward angled one would fit.

Very true. Ignore my earlier post. Mine is one of the very first early models. (When I bought my Ribble SLe I was pleased to be able to specify a standard set up - non integrated).

rualexander

Legendary Member
You can gain another 20-30mm by swapping the handlebars for a set of riser drop bars, I did this with my new Genesis gravel bike, put some Surly Truck Stop bars on it with 30mm rise.

Tomm Williams

You can gain another 20-30mm by swapping the handlebars for a set of riser drop bars, I did this with my new Genesis gravel bike, put some Surly Truck Stop bars on it with 30mm rise.

Did the same thing with my Pivot EVault but those bars were actually mounted on two other bikes before that. Sell the bikes and keep the bars😄

youngoldbloke

Looking at the bikes on the Orbea webpages it appears that they are already supplied with riser bars.

Top Bottom