Heinz beans still the best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I see that the price of Heinz beans has risen to £1.40 in the UK. Rival budget and own brands are half or less than that.
Still popular here but nearer to £1.
Are you still willing to pay a premium for the top selling brand or do cheaper alternatives are just as good or better?
Have to admit I do still prefer the taste of Heinz.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I prefer Branston beans now. Heinz are rubbish.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I saw the price of Heinz Beans and bought HP instead.

Ridiculous price for a bit of flatulence if you ask me!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I dont know they have always made me gag baked beans so I dont eat them. I buy them for the family sometimes though and get the supermarkets own version.No complaints, I'm informed they all taste the same.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I worked general haulage, about 20 years ago, I often collected 26 pallets of Heinz Beans from their Wigan factory.
Calculating weights, that's approximately 67,500 tins 😋

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I do like the taste of Heinz and we don't have access to the variety you have in the UK. Heinz do seem to monitor the sugar and salt content.
Here they are a necessary ingredient of salads.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Do the cheaper brands contain more liquid and less beans?

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
While we're on the subject of Heinz there's still no real rival to their Ketchup. I recently had some of their organic Ketchup and the improvement in taste surprised me.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not on Twitter so can't access the content but I'm guessing someone sent beans through the post in an envelope.
Might spawn a YouTube channel equivalent to 'Just rolled in' which highlights stupidity.

Debade

Über Member
Well if you’re coming to the States, you could include the Heinz’s museum in Pittsburg. Learn a lot about PGH as well as Heinz himself.

And while Heinz gave up its sponsorship of the baseball stadium , the fans demanded the large ketchup bottle find a place at the stadium. It is now in place for your viewing enjoyment.

Top Bottom