Helicopter Tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should be good. I went for the more macho look with my racing green expedition bike and used their camouflage pattern tape at points of potential cable rub. After a year all is fine. Tough effective stuff. Top tip, thanks.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I only use helicopter tape for my Chopper.

I used Gorrilla tape on my Banana.

It is Raleigh good, and loads cheaper.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I tried using duck tape, but it was fowl.
Did it start to quack?

That reminds me, I use electrical tape as a lazy replacement frame protector all the time... Um. On my ebike... Its alway better than not using it, and it works well as the bike is black and the tape too. That said. I use it on my red bike too because I am too cool for looking good.

Last edited:
Not on the frame but some of my cables on my round town bike/sometime tourer have chopped up bits of this stuff in bright blue. No need to detach cables to fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silicon-Shields-Against-Approved-Resistant/dp/B01NALRRH9

tho considerably cheaper from aldi

Maybe looks naff, eccentric, but also acts as a thief deterrent :smile:

tho the bike rides very well* and has handbuilt wheels

* hence my need for that product's impressive resistance to high temperatures.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I bought some stuff in clear, red and orangey yellow that is designed for temporarily fixing cracked lens covers on car lights. I have used the clear stuff on my bike and it seems to work well. I've no idea how much it was so can't comment on its price compared to chopper tape BUT it could be available on the high street at your local motor factors.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It fits through the letter box.
You linked a 50mm roll. Does a packaged 50mm roll really fit through many letter boxes? :huh:

Top Bottom