Help identifying bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barry_G

I need to match the tape shown below, any help identifying it would be appreciated It's black, soft plastic, slightly/thinly cushioned with adhesive strip along the middle.

__tape20231002_111151.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sounds like 80% of bar tape to me

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Do you need to match it?

As said previously, sounds like standard bar tape to me. Choose something that takes your fancy (but not white/yellow.....) and just make sure it is applied correctly. 99% of the bar tape success factor is down to good application, the rest is just personal choice.

Reactions: C R

Mazz

Basic question...Do you need special 'finishing tape' on the end closest to the stem or is it insulation tape?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Basic question...Do you need special 'finishing tape' on the end closest to the stem or is it insulation tape?

Insulation tape does the job

Alternatively, do it the way I do and start the wrap at the middle and work outwards with the finishing end trapped by the bar end plug. Works for me and gives a tidy, tape-free finish.

Mazz

Alternatively, do it the way I do and start the wrap at the middle and work outwards with the finishing end trapped by the bar end plug. Works for me and gives a tidy, tape-free finish.

I don't understand. Are you saying your method doesn't need any finishing tape?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
TBH, I don't understand why this isn't the normal way to do it? I've done it 4 or 5 times now and never had any issues, other than falling off a few weeks later and tearing said new tape :sad:

Top Bottom