Hello again 32" waist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roger06

I've been buying 34" waist trousers for about the last 25 years (even had a flirt with 36" I recall at one time).

Been cycling 6 miles each way to work for almost a year and guess what? 34" jeans keep falling down and I've just bought a 32" pair and they're not even tight.

What a result!:bicycle:

Mrs M

Guru
Well done :smile:

BikeCurious

Über Member
Congratulations! I too once flirted with a 36" inch waist but back down to 34" now. I don't know if I'll ever get to 32" again though!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
When I was building up to the half marathon last year I came close to this. Not at the moment though, hopefully in summer I'll get back to that. Well done

Go you. May I ask what is your height and weight.

I am 5ft 7 and weight about 11st 10lb. I currently wear 34 jeans but would love to get down to 32.

My new commute is 6 miles each way too so wondering if you altered your diet too? If I do the same, I may also drop the jean size.

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

I am 5ft 7 and weight about 11st 10lb. I currently wear 34 jeans but would love to get down to 32.

My new commute is 6 miles each way too so wondering if you altered your diet too? If I do the same, I may also drop the jean size.

Sure Chris, although I'm metric! I'm about 172cm and around 73 - 74 Kgs. So I think in old money that's a tad under 5' 7" and about mid 11st I think. My body fat was measured last month and was a bit high at about 25% but it was measured at the worst time as I had had about a month's break from cycling during (cold, wet, dark) January.

I've actually returned to a gluten-free diet. I started it about nine years ago but it gradually lapsed as I got lazy. I've certainly been gluten-avoiding over the last few years but getting stricter again since early Jan means I've cut out pies, sausage rolls, cake, biscuits, jaffa cakes etc etc so that's probably helped. I only put fat on my stomach (worst place) and chin - never anywhere else so I guess that's where I'd lose it from.

Good luck!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Regular commutes and weekend ride have seen my weight go from similar to you down to 10 stone 7 lbs in summer , currently 10 stone 9 and the same height .I am in size 30 waist although when i was in my twenties i could get into a 28 "

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Ha! Must be something in the water. Went shopping for jeans in Holister and found 32" a wee bit too big round the waist. Tried 30" waist but they were really tight around my thighs......must be all that high powered hill work paying off. :okay: Not been a 30" waist since I was about 12 years old. Get In!

Sure Chris, although I'm metric! I'm about 172cm and around 73 - 74 Kgs. So I think in old money that's a tad under 5' 7" and about mid 11st I think. My body fat was measured last month and was a bit high at about 25% but it was measured at the worst time as I had had about a month's break from cycling during (cold, wet, dark) January.

I've actually returned to a gluten-free diet. I started it about nine years ago but it gradually lapsed as I got lazy. I've certainly been gluten-avoiding over the last few years but getting stricter again since early Jan means I've cut out pies, sausage rolls, cake, biscuits, jaffa cakes etc etc so that's probably helped. I only put fat on my stomach (worst place) and chin - never anywhere else so I guess that's where I'd lose it from.

Good luck!

Interesting about the Gluten Free element. I am not sure I would succeed as I love the odd biscuit with a cup of tea and cakes for weekend dessert.

I think I just need to eat more cleanly and avoid cramming carbohydrate loaded food in at weekends to see the weight starting to drop as I have been cycle commuting for about 4months now.

Inspiring stuff guys :bravo:I kicked off my cycle journey around 4 years ago. That was was over 30kg ago, diet and exercise powerful stuff when you get it right. 36 waist to a 28, best moment was shopping in M&S for jeans and the assistant said they did not carry men's jeans in a 28, but they could order them in.

Keep on keeping on

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ha! Must be something in the water. Went shopping for jeans in Holister and found 32" a wee bit too big round the waist. Tried 30" waist but they were really tight around my thighs......must be all that high powered hill work paying off. :okay: Not been a 30" waist since I was about 12 years old. Get In!
I really struggle to get trousers that fit the waist that i can get around the upper thigh / ass region , i spend most of the time in jogging bottoms around the house .

Soltydog

Legendary Member
When I was single i was a 32" waist, met my 1st wife, bought a house & next time I went for trousers, 36" :ohmy:, over the years, a divorce & another marriage I got upto 40" :blush: last year I managed to get down to 34" waist, well I say that, but all the 34" waist that i've tried apart from a pair of Levi 518s, fit on the waist, but are far too tight on the thighs ^_^, but I can live with that.
ps I'm 6'5" & Mrs S says I can't lose any more weight :sad: although according to NHS height/weight charts i'm still overweight

uclown2002

Guru
When I was single i was a 32" waist, met my 1st wife, bought a house & next time I went for trousers, 36" :ohmy:, over the years, a divorce & another marriage I got upto 40" :blush: last year I managed to get down to 34" waist, well I say that, but all the 34" waist that i've tried apart from a pair of Levi 518s, fit on the waist, but are far too tight on the thighs ^_^, but I can live with that.
ps I'm 6'5" & Mrs S says I can't lose any more weight :sad: although according to NHS height/weight charts i'm still overweight
The waist to height ratio is a more credible method. If it is less than 0.5 then you're not overweight.
You need to actually measure your waist circumference properly (belly button or just above) though rather than use any trouser measurement.

Good for you! I'm a 32 now! just the same as I left school.

A colleague has just come back of a 2 week cruse and has put on a stone that’s 6.35 kg.
Apparently that’s quite normal for men of a certain age, if I was a reporter for say for
Slimming world magazine I would weigh them all on and weigh them all off, pardon the pun.

Remember Logan's run; should we be all be fitted with a similar device that Flashes
when we get bigger than our old Sckool trousers?
Then you will have a choice; slim down or run or the Sandman will come looking for you.

Top Bottom