Hello again 32" waist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moo

Only downside is you now have to dispose of all your larger trousers. If you have nothing bigger to wear you'll know when to stop eating so many post-ride cakes :smile:

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

Interesting about the Gluten Free element. I am not sure I would succeed as I love the odd biscuit with a cup of tea and cakes for weekend dessert.

I think I just need to eat more cleanly and avoid cramming carbohydrate loaded food in at weekends to see the weight starting to drop as I have been cycle commuting for about 4months now.

Although many people eat too much gluten, it's not a problem for most. It has no nutritional value but some people's bodies react to it. The weight loss I'm referring to now is due to cycling. However, when I first cut gluten (and dairy back then) about 9 years ago I dropped about 5kgs very quickly. The gluten was causing all food to go through me really quickly thus I wasn't getting the nutrients from it. My body therefore, went into 'starvation mode', hanging on to fat reserves as it thought it wasn't getting fed. Shortly after the diet change I regulated digestion better thus the starvation mode ceased and fat started to drop off.

Certainly look into cutting out / down on gluten if you have digestive issues (won't go into gory detail!) or are lacking energy. I could easily lose another kg or two if I cut out / down on my wine consumption. But cutting out everything you enjoy is just a recipe for misery.

Well done everyone!

I'm in the process of losing weight again. 20lb lost in the last couple of months through cycling and a little bit of diet. Mainly, I have a sweet tooth and 80 miles a week keeps that in check.

I may need to be stricter to really get lighter so that'll be my decision point. Unfortunately, the cricket season will start soon!

The Rover

Guru
Similar story here, a job move closer to home has meant I can now commute to work.
I'm 5"9 and I've gone from 13st 3 down to bang on 12st in less than 12months and once i started to see the weight come off it encouraged me to look at my diet which was good at home but not good at work. Throw in some running for quick hit calorie burning and as someone told me last week I'm looking trim! I'm 43 so it could be a mid life crisis!

Edit - I've made that sound too easy! I should add that I've more or less stopped the beer, not just for the weight loss although I think it's made a huge difference but also because my little lad, whose nearly 4, doesn't have any sympathy for hang overs! Plus I excercise most days whether it's the commute, social riding, running or using my bkool turbo. I've also found that doing yoga moves ( easily found on the web ) has helped aches and pains. The running joke at work is that I'm constantly eating which isn't far from the truth!

Last edited:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I thought it was the beginning of the end... always been a 30" (though probably not when I was under 1yo), and went in (age 51) for some new trousers - the 30" were a little 'snug', so bought 32" .... but they don't want to stay up. Maybe I should get a job in a farce.

vickster

Legendary Member
I thought it was the beginning of the end... always been a 30" (though probably not when I was under 1yo), and went in (age 51) for some new trousers - the 30" were a little 'snug', so bought 32" .... but they don't want to stay up. Maybe I should get a job in a farce.
Or a belt ;)

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Or a belt ;)
Yes, that'd work, for sure. What could possibly go wrong?

1sagger.jpg

Attachments

• 1sagger.jpg
    1sagger.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 41

jay clock

Massive member
Ha! Must be something in the water. Went shopping for jeans in Holister and found 32" a wee bit too big round the waist. Tried 30" waist but they were really tight around my thighs......must be all that high powered hill work paying off. :okay: Not been a 30" waist since I was about 12 years old. Get In!
If I shop in Hollister I need a head torch to read the labels and ear defenders to diminish the rap music

Stevec047

Über Member
Been a comfortable 38" for years but since cycling the random few 36" jeans have started to see the light of day again. The other weekend I went to a trade show with my work and had to fish out a pair of smart trousers which were always on the tight side of 36" but this time round they fitted perfectly, with no digging in around the spare tire.

Next step is 34" doubt I will get any smaller than that as I have quite a stocky build but we shall see.

As I don't drink alcohol most of my issues are down to being sat on my arse all day and having a slightly sweet tooth, so getting out on the bike seems to be offsetting the sitting around. Lets see what happens with the longer days and warmer weather when I can and will get out on the bike after work for 40mins or so.

Ian A

Über Member
I've been buying 34" waist trousers for about the last 25 years (even had a flirt with 36" I recall at one time).

Been cycling 6 miles each way to work for almost a year and guess what? 34" jeans keep falling down and I've just bought a 32" pair and they're not even tight.

What a result!:bicycle:

Well done, great result ^_^.

Funnily enough it was getting to the point where I was going to have to buy 36" waist trousers a few years ago where I had to say enough is enough and lost weight again.

Ian A

Über Member
I wish I could just say "enough is enough",and weight just magically falls off

That does sound a little blasé doesn’t it. It certainly wasn't easy and required a lot of reading. The "how to lose weight" question is the question which launches a thousand arguments. I know what works for me and it's nothing controversial but I tend to keep away from the subject on forums etc.

Top Bottom