Hello from a Stroke Survivor weighing 20 stone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stroke Survivor

Regular
Hi everyone. I survived 2 strokes in 2001 and amongst other unwanted illnesses, I have now gained weight (i weigh 20 stone).
I had a test ride on a Carrera Subway 1 and it felt nice but most of all independant.
Such low impact exercise, not to mention getting from A to B faster than my natural pain enduring slug pace, is something I want to get in to.
My draw backs:
Having to live on benefits.
Having no savings.
Having to provide for my wife & 3 kids.
Having to save to decorate our home.
Positives:
Searching for 2 weeks now, in the hopes a millionaire is giving away a Carrera Subway 1, along with a helmet, padded fat lad pants and can deliver, lol.
I know, I know, its a long shot but if you had my positive attitude after all my ailments, you would believe it's possible, along with the second coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ in my life time, lol.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello, welcome, good luck, and keep us all up-to-date.

fatblokish

Guru
Contact the Sustainable Transport Team at Wiltshire County Council and ask about the programme it may run called Connecting Wiltshire.
Alternatively B&NES Council offers a free bike to those seeking work, skills or training, call the Sustainable Transport Team there and it's possible they may be able to help.

Top Bottom