Hello from a very new, not-too-serious,cyclist - not sure if I'll belong!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
:welcome:
Pro cycling can be spiky, Current affairs can get flaky, so if you're tempted in that direction go in gently. Apart from that, you'll be fine. Lots of friendly people around on here.

And don't worry about that blue bloke - he's not really blue, he's more like a lobster that needs to be dipped into hot water to get in touch with his red side.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Hi Jane...welcome to the jungle.

Tarzan^_^

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi Jane, we have several meet ups across central scotland. have a look in informal rides. we have a meet on 31st going round the forth, and we have only 3 rules

any bike will do
no one gets left behind
there will be cake.

and the soon to be 4th, dont believe a word @Pat "5mph" tells you about her " average" speed!

I am new to cycling this year, and have come on no end thanks to joining the group rides, and the social interaction on here.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: not so serious cyclist (Jane) and :welcome: to Cycle Chat ! :wahhey:

You will already have read a wide variety of the people we have on here. 2 things are constant with all of them, though :
1 - they like cycling/cyclists/talking about bikes/eating CAKE :hungry: ... well, most of them do ... ok, some of them ... :unsure:
2 - they are a pretty welcoming bunch :hugs:

As you are located in Central Scotland, you come into the areas [auspices/clutches :evil:] of CC Ecosse, the best of the CC regions :laugh:. We arrange rides which, as Louch has said above, have the "3 Rules of CC Ecosse".

We'd love you to come along to a ride - it will be great to meet you and ride with you - and you will learn lots, I promise. :thumbsup: One of the advantages of riding with a crowd is that you will be able to go further than you thought you could and with less stress - and did I mention the CAKE :hungry: ? Of course, if you don't like CAKE :hungry: ...... :eek: - you will be even more welcome, as it leaves more CAKE :hungry: for @Louch, @Fubar et al :rolleyes: !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Jane, we have several meet ups across central scotland. have a look in informal rides. we have a meet on 31st going round the forth, and we have only 3 rules

any bike will do
no one gets left behind
there will be cake.

and the soon to be 4th, dont believe a word @Pat "5mph" tells you about her " average" speed!

I am new to cycling this year, and have come on no end thanks to joining the group rides, and the social interaction on here.
This I applaud in spades. Well done Louch et al. :cheers:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hello: not so serious cyclist (Jane) and :welcome: to Cycle Chat ! :wahhey:

You will already have read a wide variety of the people we have on here. 2 things are constant with all of them, though :
1 - they like cycling/cyclists/talking about bikes/eating CAKE :hungry: ... well, most of them do ... ok, some of them ... :unsure:
2 - they are a pretty welcoming bunch :hugs:

As you are located in Central Scotland, you come into the areas [auspices/clutches :evil:] of CC Ecosse, the best of the CC regions :laugh:. We arrange rides which, as Louch has said above, have the "3 Rules of CC Ecosse".

We'd love you to come along to a ride - it will be great to meet you and ride with you - and you will learn lots, I promise. :thumbsup: One of the advantages of riding with a crowd is that you will be able to go further than you thought you could and with less stress - and did I mention the CAKE :hungry: ? Of course, if you don't like CAKE :hungry: ...... :eek: - you will be even more welcome, as it leaves more CAKE :hungry: for @Louch, @Fubar et al :rolleyes: !

+ you get all the really really scenic rides up there and sometimes they take ferries as part of the ride.

from a very jealous southern jessie who almost has the CC members in France for her neighbours.

Fubar

Guru
Hi
I'm very new to cycling and feel like a bit of a numpty reading through some of the forum posts: I know nothing!! I'm not planning on getting too serious about it, but I am planning on enjoying and getting the very most out of my cycling.
Hope to learn a lot from all of you seasoned cyclists!
Cheers
Jane

Hi Jane and welcome to the forum, you have already met some of the Ecosse regulars and there are more around - including me! If you feel up to it the Round the Forth ride on 31 August would be a good starting ride, it was my first CC ride, met some great folks and I've never looked back. Whatever you do enjoy your cycling! Kind regards, Mark

Top Bottom