Hello from Alaska

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imaginos

Hi,and thanks for having me. I’m 64 and one year retired. Bought a used mtb right away for exercise and weight control.It didn’t take long to become obsessed (possessed?) with bikes,riding and all things related.I try to ride most days and put in most of my miles riding around my little town.I pedaled more miles than I drove last year. I’m up to three bikes and over 2000 miles in. I dipped my toe into bikecamping too with a couple overnighters 25-30 miles away and plan to do a bunch of it in the coming year. I live in a riders paradise on an island in SE Alaska. I’m renewed and reinvented as a bike rider post retirement and couldn’t be happier.I also take pictures on my rides and send them to my kids and grandkids,calling it the Tour de Gramps!Ride on.

Attachments

• F48F9010-7B5E-4B11-9EFF-565DBBC27297.jpeg
    F48F9010-7B5E-4B11-9EFF-565DBBC27297.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 2

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
:welcome: Welcome to the nut house!

Hi,and thanks for having me. I’m 64 and one year retired. Bought a used mtb right away for exercise and weight control.It didn’t take long to become obsessed (possessed?) with bikes,riding and all things related.I try to ride most days and put in most of my miles riding around my little town.I pedaled more miles than I drove last year. I’m up to three bikes and over 2000 miles in. I dipped my toe into bikecamping too with a couple overnighters 25-30 miles away and plan to do a bunch of it in the coming year. I live in a riders paradise on an island in SE Alaska. I’m renewed and reinvented as a bike rider post retirement and couldn’t be happier.I also take pictures on my rides and send them to my kids and grandkids,calling it the Tour de Gramps!Ride on.
Hi and welcome! Just watch out for the terrible puns on this forum, alaska there are many ^_^

Slick

Guru
:welcome:

I always enjoy seeing pictures from places I'm never likely to cycle, so I certainly am looking forward to seeing more of your snaps from Le Tour De Gramps. :okay:

mustang1

Guru
I used to love going to Alaska as a kid. I went there several times during the week to look at the computers and stuff.

Wait... sorry, that's Lasky's.

Ugh, sorry. Welcome!

OP
OP
Imaginos

Imaginos

I used to love going to Alaska as a kid. I went there several times during the week to look at the computers and stuff.

Wait... sorry, that's Lasky's.

Ugh, sorry. Welcome!

Ugh,I was warned though.

Top Bottom