Hello From another Newbie..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GTN

Regular
I have been sitting lurking at this site almost everyday since Christmas , looking at the advice people are giving others. I must say a lot of it has helped me ... Anyhow here I am back on a bike after 25 years ( Giant Defy 4 2010 model ) . I am still using the toe clips that came with it..next venture some new pedals and shoes. I am struggling hitting a wall at about 10 miles everytime I go out.. but at 6ft and 18.5 stone I am getting there next time the 12 mile marker.

Good Night

MartinB

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Welcome to the fray GTN. What took you so long to join?

Keep turning the pedals and the distances will come.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi GTN welcome to Cycle Chat and well done for getting back on the bike. re the 10 mile mark.. keep cycling on a regular basis ans I guarantee that you will pass that mark quicker then you think.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
lurk.gif

Hi & :wacko:

colly

Re member eR
:biggrin:

Hi GTN,

Keep on keeping on. :smile:

Ian is right that 10+ miles will come and go and go before you know it. Then of course you will be looking 15.....20......25.....and so on.

It never ends.

OP
OP
GTN

GTN

Regular
Thanks for the Support

Just home from work and seen the replies to my introduction..Thanks folks, off work tomorrow so will aim for 12 mile marker , and hope for the 15 and beyond from there onwards.
Just hope that I can add some advice to people here , maybe some of my life experiences (Age 40++)can help on some part of the forum. I have also just ordered some new pedals On-Line so should have them by Friday...

Thanks Again

MartinB

Go for it GTN! Soon you'll be up in the hundreds (heart rate that is...:smile: ) Maybe try and get a few rides out with the local CTC if it exists - or check out the Informal Rides thread for something that might be happening near you. Don't worry about age - just shave the grey bits off! ;) The rest is just "relaxed muscle"

colly

Re member eR
Aperitif said:
Go for it GTN! Soon you'll be up in the hundreds (heart rate that is...:biggrin: ) Maybe try and get a few rides out with the local CTC if it exists - or check out the Informal Rides thread for something that might be happening near you. Don't worry about age - just shave the grey bits off! :smile: The rest is just "relaxed muscle"

The voice of experience.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom