Hello from Blackpool-ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philelmer

Regular
Hi,

So apparently I've suddenly, instantaneously, overnight, become a fat 33-year old. It's weird because it seems like yesterday I had a 6-pack and was leaping my mountain bike over lake district mountains. Anyway in a bid to make a return to said energy levels I thought I'd get back into cycling and this being the 21st century, join a forum for a bit of motivation and hopefully to find some buddies (or whatever the cycling term is, I dive too) to ride with in the local area.

Cheers,
Phil

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Phil - welcome to CC!

I never had a 6-pack, but like you, I ended up a fat 33 year old and took up cycling again at that age (way back in 1989). Best thing I ever did!

There are some very nice rides from where you live over the Trough of Bowland and up and down the Ribble Valley. I'm sure that you will be able to meet up with other CC members for rides out there.

DaveyB1981

Hi Phil,

Where abouts in the Blackpool area are you? I'm based in Thornton.

I've kinda taken a similar route to yourself. Been into MTB's for as long as I can remember but in recent years kinda forgot to ride the damn things often enough. Recently got my first road bike and loving it. Still like to get out on the MTB aswell whenever I can. As stated, there are some good rides from around here, I'm just starting to learn a few of them!

Could probably do with "buddying up" myself - gimme a yell if you fancy it.

Dave

Hi,

So apparently I've suddenly, instantaneously, overnight, become a fat 33-year old. It's weird because it seems like yesterday I had a 6-pack and was leaping my mountain bike over lake district mountains. Anyway in a bid to make a return to said energy levels I thought I'd get back into cycling and this being the 21st century, join a forum for a bit of motivation and hopefully to find some buddies (or whatever the cycling term is, I dive too) to ride with in the local area.

Cheers,
Phil

Globalti

Legendary Member
I rode MTBs for 21 years before I got into road riding and now I haven't touched the MTB for weeks, I love the road riding so much.

Top Bottom