Hello from Brighton Marina

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandman-bm

Regular
My interest in recumbents has been an itch I have had for many years and 4 years ago decided to build one to take part in the London to Brighton BHF ride. which I did manage, even riding up the beacon !!!!!!
since then I have built a few others and done a couple of trips to the Netherlands, you cant imagine the pleasure I had touring on a home built trike. my current builds (3 identical frames are E assist) and if all goes well a short trip to Holland then next year the BIG trip to Finland. I have waffled enough
regards
john

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The big trip to Finland. Whereabouts in Finland are you hoping to end up and which way are you going?

I will never cycle to Finland I know, but planning trips there, poring over maps of an evening is something I like to do as a kind of daydream.
I did once travel from Normandy to Rovaniemi by train and ferry (via Paris, Berlin, Rostok and Helsinki) so much better than flying. But a bit slower.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: If you are planning a trip to Finland take plenty of money, its fricking expensive there. (I went out with a Finnish girl and she couldn't believe how cheap Britain was)

OP
OP
S

Sandman-bm

Regular
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,
No route planned as yet, as I have a habit of departing from planned routes and meander ^_^. although Helsinki is the destination I do fancy a dap across the water to Tallinn to visit the KGB museum there.
No need to tell me of the cost, last trip 25 euros for 2 glasses of wine!!!!!!! needed a brandy to get over the shock but decided I probably couldn't afford it :laugh:
My current trikes are one own design and a modified AZ Streetfox
I am not surprised that Brighton has more than normal share of recumbents after all its a city known for its acceptance of those that don't conform to what might be normal, whatever that may be.
regards
John 'O Gin Palace

Attachments

• On the LF1.jpg
    On the LF1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 32

Mrs M

Guru
Hello :welcome:

OP
OP
S

Sandman-bm

Regular
Norway may be expensive but last time I took my boat to Dieppe and back to brighton cost £1200 in fuel :cursing: but it did it very very quickly,so I may tolerate the odd hotel

My interest in recumbents has been an itch I have had for many years and 4 years ago decided to build one to take part in the London to Brighton BHF ride. which I did manage, even riding up the beacon !!!!!!
since then I have built a few others and done a couple of trips to the Netherlands, you cant imagine the pleasure I had touring on a home built trike. my current builds (3 identical frames are E assist) and if all goes well a short trip to Holland then next year the BIG trip to Finland. I have waffled enough
regards
john
Welcome John.

Top Bottom