Hello from Bushby in Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

gregsid

Welcome. Now living in Birmingham, but grew up in Evington, just down the road.

I grew up in Evington too! MANY happy (and not so happy) memories of living, playing and growing in Evington.

I'm 42 by the way and went to whitehall school (fantastic school).

Greg

OP
OP
G

gregsid

Hi Greg, welcome I know Bushby well, I used to live just down the road from Thurnby so I know the area very well. I'm now at Coalville and back cycling again after a 24 year break due to a cycling accident. Steve

It's a small world! You must have had a nasty accident to have a break of 24 years. Blimey. Bet you're glad to return to cycling :-)

Greg

OP
OP
G

gregsid

Hello Michiel.

I have various family in Manchester (Oldham). You both moving to Leicester due to work?

Greg

stevetailor125

Ended up in a wheelchair for several months, then crutches,great fun with a smashed up hand and with a young family at the time, cycing got pushed to the back of my mind

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I grew up in Evington too! MANY happy (and not so happy) memories of living, playing and growing in Evington.

I'm 42 by the way and went to whitehall school (fantastic school).

Greg

Wow, you would have been the same year as my sister, I think. Where did you go after that?

Did you hear that Mr Bull had been given an MBE (or something similar) in the new Year's Honours list a year or two ago.

OP
OP
G

gregsid

Blimey. Small world!

Yes, I heard about Mr Bull (my teacher at Whitehall). He's still teaching! A truly wonderful man. He's also an actor with the Leicester Drama Society.

Greg

Top Bottom