Hello from Cambs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks again for the welcomes! I'm often birding or walking in the fens south of Wisbech / west of Ely - haven't cycled there yet but it's on my list this year.

Wicken and Welney, I'd hazard a guess ;)

I'm not into birding, but this is my cycling "patch". There are some lovely rides on the back roads from Ely to Mepal via Coveney, with some cracking views across the fen, or along the Hundred Foot to Welney over the suspension bridge and along the causeway.

OP
OP
Magpies

Magpies

Wicken and Welney, I'd hazard a guess ;)

I'm not into birding, but this is my cycling "patch". There are some lovely rides on the back roads from Ely to Mepal via Coveney, with some cracking views across the fen, or along the Hundred Foot to Welney over the suspension bridge and along the causeway.

I usually walk the fenland around the Nene and Ouse Washes, so right in your cycling "patch". If I may, perhaps I could message you later in the year to get some suggested routes.

I usually walk the fenland around the Nene and Ouse Washes, so right in your cycling "patch". If I may, perhaps I could message you later in the year to get some suggested routes.

Sure. :okay: Most of my rides take in parts of NCN 11, but I do tend to stick to the areas northwest of Ely. OS landranger sheet 143 is the one I use. :smile: If you're looking for routes to the south of Ely, then @Elybazza61 might be of help.

OP
OP
Magpies

Magpies

Sure. :okay: Most of my rides take in parts of NCN 11, but I do tend to stick to the areas northwest of Ely. OS landranger sheet 143 is the one I use. :smile: If you're looking for routes to the south of Ely, then @Elybazza61 might be of help.

Terrific - many thanks. I'll be in touch when the weather is better (than today, certainly!)

I can't believe we had this conversation just a few months ago.
This too shall pass .....

Top Bottom