Hello from Cheddar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hello all - great website, full of very useful info and having lurked here for a while I thought I ought to say hello and make some posts of my own!

I currently ride a Trek 7500 Hybrid which I've had about a year when (before that I'd always ridden mountain bikes). I'm really enjoying my cycling now and am in training for the Isle of Wight Randonnee this coming Sunday (100km) - I've done it 5 or 6 times before and it's a great incentive to get fit for the summer!

Now of course I'm craving after getting a proper road bike when I can justify the expense...!

colly

Re member eR
Hi Bridgy,:biggrin:

Nice to have you along.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Welcome bridgy, Cheddar must be the centre of the CycleChat universe, there's quite a few members round there.

BlueDog

Veteran
Hi Bridgy,

Another member from "Gorge-ous" Cheddar eh?

There are a couple of others from the area doing the IOW this Sunday, whislt some others are doing a more gentle ride to the coast. They can all be found on the Somerset Levellers Group.

Hope to see you around at some point.

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks for the welcomes guys and thanks BlueDog for the link to the Somerset Levellers Group - shame it looks like admin are closing that part of the Forum, but good to know who the other "locals" are! Maybe I can join you guys on a ride some time (assuming I can keep up!)

ColinJ - it is indeed fantastic countryside round here - its why I now enjoy my cycling so much, and my regular climbs of Cheddar Gorge have done wonders for my fitness!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hello and welcome, enjoy the ride, now get stuck in to the forums - see ya in the cafe.

BlueDog

Veteran
bridgy said:
Thanks for the welcomes guys and thanks BlueDog for the link to the Somerset Levellers Group - shame it looks like admin are closing that part of the Forum, but good to know who the other "locals" are! Maybe I can join you guys on a ride some time (assuming I can keep up!)

ColinJ - it is indeed fantastic countryside round here - its why I now enjoy my cycling so much, and my regular climbs of Cheddar Gorge have done wonders for my fitness!!

We'll get on just fine :evil:

Hi Bridgy, welcom to Cycle Chat.
Yes you would be welcome on our rides, I am from Blackford so not far from you.
It was shame about the weather today though, as we were due to go for a junt so missed out on the cake and coffee.

Regards Iain

Top Bottom