Hello from Clemson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclingbeagle

Hi, I am a retired science teacher and coach living in the Clemson area. I have been riding for about 3 years now and love the health benefits. I use a smart trainer in really cold weather but prefer using a paved trail near my home for safety. I only wish I didn't spend so much money on the new tech. Looking forward to reading lots of posts.

Gunk

Guru
Welcome, I’ve just joined myself

OP
OP
cyclingbeagle

cyclingbeagle

Hi cyclingbeagle, and welcome.
whats your area like for cycling, are there cycle lanes or do
stick to tracks.
Hello. Some riders enjoy the mountains and use public roads. Most, like me, fear the distracted race drivers on these roads and stick to prepared trails like the Greenville Swamp Rabbit trail or the Doodle trail in Pickens. Many enjoy the supported rides in the area as well.

Hello. Some riders enjoy the mountains and use public roads. Most, like me, fear the distracted race drivers on these roads and stick to prepared trails like the Greenville Swamp Rabbit trail or the Doodle trail in Pickens. Many enjoy the supported rides in the area as well.
Yes, the roads are a dangerous place to be. I think it is becoming law
here to leave @ 1.5 mtr space between a cyclist when overtaking above 50km an hour
and @ 1 meter space below this, but it’s still going to be the ones that are dislexic to
everyone but themselves that will pay no attention, only long driving bans and complete
disqualifications for repeaters will deter people from harassing cyclists.

Top Bottom