Hello from Derbyshire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neiltluck

Regular
Hi All,

Neil here. I've ridden bikes of some kind or another since I was a nipper, mostly for fun but as a main form of transport for a while too.

I went for a few years without a bike, whilst going through the usual mortgage, wedding, family thing, but now as a 43 year old, I find myself neatly pigeon holed in the MAMIL category, with renewed motivation and enthusiasm.

I own four bikes (ssshhhh, don't tell the wife!); 2 road bikes, a hybrid and a mountain bike, although my real interest and passion is for road cycling.

I have just finished building a Scott Foil and have gone electronic this time, shimano Ultegra Di2 is a-mazing!!

I live in Stretton, Derbyshire, on the edge of the Peak District, so naturally I love climbing....no choice really!

I mostly ride alone at the moment, but would welcome the chance to join a group or club at some point to improve my skills as well as make some new friends, so if you are "local" say hi.

Cheers for now,

Neil

Heifer73

:welcome:

Hello Neil, I've just spent the weekend at Hathersage,fantastic area and you are lucky to be so close. I wasn't riding I was eating and drinking! But going to go back very soon with my bike and slowly, very slowly climb some hills.

OP
OP
Neiltluck

Neiltluck

Regular
Hello Neil, I've just spent the weekend at Hathersage,fantastic area and you are lucky to be so close. I wasn't riding I was eating and drinking! But going to go back very soon with my bike and slowly, very slowly climb some hills.

Thanks for the welcome "IB". Hathersage is a lovely place to be, full stop. Eating, drinking, walking or riding. There are some cracking riding roads around there, with some killer climbs and descents too.

OP
OP
Neiltluck

Neiltluck

Regular
Hello !
Is that Stretton near Burton ?, i am from Newhall and an infrequent rider with mercia CC , i might see you around :hello:

Hi Cyberknight, thanks for the welcome.

No, it is the Stretton near Alfreton/Chesterfield, not the Burton one, but thanks anyway. You never know, I still may bump into you....just not literally I hope.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello . welcome to the forum :welcome:

Top Bottom