hello from devon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

paul2015

Regular
We should meet at princetown one day lol

Mandragora

Hi, and welcome - mid-Devon here, and getting ready for my first ever "event". Nice folk on this forum, really supportive.

Mandragora

I was thinking about it but the miles are a tad too big for me at the most

It's something I'm working up to slowly - and there's no rule that says you 'have' to 'do' anything at all - just do what you feel you want to, as and when you want to. For me, for quite a long time, I really enjoyed just getting out and about on my bike. In fact, the thing that really got me started in any sort of sustained way was to pick out a local route which had just one evil hill on it; the route took me about half an hour, and I set myself a goal of doing it three times a week for a month. Once I'd got myself going on that, I found that after about a week or two I could get up the hill without needing to walk at any point (THAT was a Big Achievement - I can still remember how great I felt that first time). Then, as the weather was nice, I found I was wanting to go out every evening after work 'round the block' - it became a good way of winding down, and after that I cajoled a friend into going out with me on some longer rides at weekends. So - all I can say is, if you've made a start, that's what counts. Do what you're comfortable with, have a go at things that fit in with you and your lifestyle, and if you want support, this is a great forum for it.

If it's not too nosy, what sort of cycling are you doing at the moment, and is there anything you've got in mind that you would like to aim for?

OP
OP
P

paul2015

Regular
Just riding locally at the moment shorter rides mainly under 20 miles with the ocassional 55-60/miler into exeter. I want to get into crit racing but I'm too slow for now so I'm working on that for next season.

I'm planning on doing the moor 2 sea on September and maybe one of the change gear Exeter in july.

My average speed at the moment is 14-15 over the longer rides and hitting 16ish on some of the shorter rides. But I've only been going for a few weeks

Top Bottom