Hello from Dundee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DeeGee

Regular
Hello from a currently cold but sunny Dundee on the east coast of Scotland.

I retired almost two years ago exactly at the start of the first lockdown and had, until retirement been a semi-regular commuter on a five mile journey to and from work along the banks of the River Tay. Following retirement, I managed to keep myself busy doing some much needed work about the house and garden but towards the end of last year I decided a bit more cycling was in order. Considering my age, weight and level of (un)fitness I bought a cheap Chinese e-bike to see how I got on with it. While the bike wasn't entirely problem free, it was a real game changer for me. I was regularly doing 25-30 mile trips (good for me) and so I decided to upgrade to a Boardman Adv 8.9e which I should pick up next week. Looking forward to a great summer of cycling

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Enjoy the site. Your part of the world is fabulous I think.

MGman

Well done, similar situation where we bought ebikes ( Free Go - chinese). Mostly good for a few years but moisture in one the motors caused us to buy two Rayleigh Motus. Good but very heavy (21kg!)
Then son emigrated and left behind a lovely Genius Volare with Ultegra group set etc. Although 79 last year I tried it and was hooked! Go out 3/4 times a week now. Also bought a Cannondale hybrid and have racked up over 1000 miles in 12 months. So I am sure you will enjoy it just as much!

Attachments

• 1977024.jpg
    1977024.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1977022.jpg
    1977022.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3

postman

Legendary Member
welcome my sister in laws hubby is from Dundee.He supports Dundee Fc and not the Orange side.Thomson is thefamily name without the P.Enjoy the humour on here.

OP
OP
DeeGee

DeeGee

Regular
welcome my sister in laws hubby is from Dundee.He supports Dundee Fc and not the Orange side.Thomson is thefamily name without the P.Enjoy the humour on here.
He must be a good lad. All bluenoses in my family. We can't be accused of being glory hunters!!

simongt

Guru
Welcome - ! :okay:
The GLW is a Dundee native, although she moved to England to go to Polytech.
We're away to Dundee in April and as ever, really looking forward to getting back there to enjoy the Dundonian hospitality to say nothing of the grub - ! ^_^
Scotch pie & stovies anyone - ? :tongue:

OP
OP
DeeGee

DeeGee

Regular
Welcome - ! :okay:
The GLW is a Dundee native, although she moved to England to go to Polytech.
We're away to Dundee in April and as ever, really looking forward to getting back there to enjoy the Dundonian hospitality to say nothing of the grub - ! ^_^
Scotch pie & stovies anyone - ? :tongue:
Don't know when you were here last, but there have been more improvements at Slessor Gardens, including a cycle hub and a fantastic whale sculpture beside the V&A. The flood prevention works at Broughty Ferry are nearing completion as well and have resulted in a much improved shared pedestrian / cycle path along the river at Broughty Ferry.

ChangFai

Hello from further up the coast 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I got my Bus Pass this year, and have promised myself I will do more cycling trips to other areas of Scotland, using it.

Dundee is on my list as I believe you have some good cycling paths there now?

OP
OP
DeeGee

DeeGee

Regular
Hello from further up the coast 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I got my Bus Pass this year, and have promised myself I will do more cycling trips to other areas of Scotland, using it.

Dundee is on my list as I believe you have some good cycling paths there now?

There are indeed decent paths heading east and west as well as southwards into Fife

Top Bottom