Hello from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
ho ho... I feel sorry for the folk behind me :blush:...

Great encouragement Mad Doug, thanks! Really looking forward to it. Just need to work out the logistics now - how to get there, i.e. use my own transport or pay PfS to get me there...!

By September you will be cycling there & back easily :thumbsup: ...

More seriously, if you keep your current mileage up, you'll be fine! Plenty of people do it who have never ridden further than 5-10 miles before. Of course, some will be more knackered than others afterwards. The buzz from such a mass event and the cakes supplied along the way help, too :tongue: .
Due to the sheer number of cyclists on the roads, you won't be able to set out too fast - especially as the less experienced ones are all over the place, so you need to keep your eyes open ...

Try a search on CC for the PfS, this is where CC Ecosse was born - 3 years ago? There are annual PfS threads with photos, tales and youtube, quite entertaining ...

T

ACS

Legendary Member
:welcome: :bicycle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Due to the sheer number of cyclists on the roads, you won't be able to set out too fast - especially as the less experienced ones are all over the place, so you need to keep your eyes open ...

To be honest, I found that it was only like that at certain points - the rest of the time I was scalping countless people and was being scalped myself by a select group people on some very fancy bikes (says me who was on his 2007 Felt S22).

The end was a bit hairy though because it was on a narrow cycle track, and as well as the sheer mass of us approaching Edinburgh, there were plenty trying to cycle back the other way, despite it saying in the bumf that you weren't meant too. I personally had some near misses with these idiots :rolleyes:

Top Bottom