Hello from Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DoddsyR26

Hello , I am from Essex and have a mountain bike which I enjoy riding and have done for years but want do to more miles so I am looking to but my first road bike since I was a kid... so any advice would be much appreciated with regards to pointers for my choice of bike and accessories I will need.
Thanks Paul.

Lee_M

Guru
budget?

location?

welcome to cc

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hi, and welcome.

let us know what sort of budget you want to reach to and I'm sure you'll be flooded with ideas and recommendations.

in terms of kit, what type of riding will you want to undertake? (club rides, commutes, tours etc)

Jonny

OP
OP
D

DoddsyR26

Hi Lee ... I am located near to Braintree .. I am looking at a budget of around £800, and thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP
D

DoddsyR26

I initially wanted a Bianchi but dithered too long and they have withdrawn the 0% finance that I want .. so I have now been looking at a wiliers, alu frame carbon forks within my budget at £775 .. my rides at the moment on my mountain bike average around 25 miles ... 35 miles max so I want to go further afield.
I am not with a club or anything so its just me doing what I enjoy cycling as and when, .there are some good rides out this way in North Essex and the traffic is light.

OP
OP
D

DoddsyR26

what is in the carbon v alloy frame debate? is it worth smashing my budget for the kind of cycling I do? I just want to make the right choice and not wish I had bought the carbon one or vice versa.

OP
OP
D

DoddsyR26

That looks a really good bike and bang on the money except I only have half the money and am looking to finance the balance.hopefully 0%

OP
OP
D

DoddsyR26

Hi Dayvo ... yes its just out and about stuff and at the moment I tend to do 25 miles average on my mountain bike 35 miles is too much really.I work week on week off so its as and when really but I don't enjoy winter cycling.

Top Bottom