Hello from Evesham, Worcestershire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi One and All
Glad to be here.
Last had a road Bike in the early nineties (Peugeot I think) and an old pashley roadster, both long gone now. I bought a new hybrid in 2001/2 from my LBS (see I have been reading the forum (-:smile: )but never really got back into it, missed the pug I think. Fast forward to now, married with two boys, five and seven. I had been struggling to get them off stabilisers but finally cracked it about 8/9 weeks ago. Dragged my hybrid kicking and screaming out from the back of the garage and out for a run of about 8 miles first day then 20 the next day. My legs were killing me but Max (7) just wanted more. Thankfully i got a reprieve with a puncture so two days off,replaced the tyres/tubes and we are ready again.
I should point out I am 50 and a lot lot heavier than in the nineties. I plan to keep using the normal hybrid to get fitter but hope to buy a road bike if things go to plan, nothing fancy as there are no funds at present.

Just out of interest, how many over fifties are active cyclists on here?

Brian

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Taken from the second run, near Pebworth.

8d2567e5.jpg

Hi Brian,

I haven't done my introductory post yet, but thought I would say hello. I'm not too far away from you - I live in Bishops Cleeve which is a nice easy 10 mile cycle South. I do a lot of cycling, but am always happy to encourage others to do more/to get into riding.

I'm pretty busy all through August, but if you fancy getting into riding then let me know.

All the best,
Andy

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Hi One and All
Glad to be here.
Last had a road Bike in the early nineties (Peugeot I think) and an old pashley roadster, both long gone now. I bought a new hybrid in 2001/2 from my LBS (see I have been reading the forum (-:smile: )but never really got back into it, missed the pug I think. Fast forward to now, married with two boys, five and seven. I had been struggling to get them off stabilisers but finally cracked it about 8/9 weeks ago. Dragged my hybrid kicking and screaming out from the back of the garage and out for a run of about 8 miles first day then 20 the next day. My legs were killing me but Max (7) just wanted more. Thankfully i got a reprieve with a puncture so two days off,replaced the tyres/tubes and we are ready again.
I should point out I am 50 and a lot lot heavier than in the nineties. I plan to keep using the normal hybrid to get fitter but hope to buy a road bike if things go to plan, nothing fancy as there are no funds at present.

Just out of interest, how many over fifties are active cyclists on here?

Brian
Will 57 do? I currently trundle round the lanes of Flyford on my Roadster Sovereign, trying to get a bit of exercise in. Welcome aboard.

Linford

Not 50 yet, but have got a grandchild (jeez, that sounds ancient). Live in Chelt, work in Cleeve. Quite desperate to get another road bike after my last one got pinched :sad: - I'd like to sort something out in the next few months but got a lot of irons in the fire

Mo1959

Legendary Member
53 year old lady just joined the forum this morning. I have been a very sporadic bike rider and never stuck at it long enough to see real fitness gains, but for some reason, maybe the Olympics????, suddenly feel more determined to give it a good go this time. I have a decent road bike and also a second hand Dawes hybrid so no real excuse blaming the weather as the hybrid wasn't particularly expensive so it shouldn't really matter if I go out in the rain or not! Oh, and being in Scotland, we are inclined to have rain between the showers so if I wait on nice dry days, I will never get fit ^_^

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Welcome Mo. Olympics and my two sons have spurred me on. We have some lovely roads around here away from the hustle of a city, the Cotswolds are great but I think not as good as Scotland. I hope to get another road bike soon.
Enjoy the riding.
Rain is only wet and that's just a towelling away from being dry.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome to CC Brian!

There are lots of us aged 50+ on CycleChat (I am 56). I know some superfit cyclists in their 50s, 60s & 70s so age isn't a barrier to fitness as long as your health is okay, and cycling regularly helps to maintain that good health.

You are not doing badly if you are up to 20 miles already! Keep it up and it will soon feel easier.

Linford

Welcome to CC Brian!

There are lots of us aged 50+ on CycleChat (I am 56). I know some superfit cyclists in their 50s, 60s & 70s so age isn't a barrier to fitness as long as your health is okay, and cycling regularly helps to maintain that good health.

You are not doing badly if you are up to 20 miles already! Keep it up and it will soon feel easier.

You certainly don't look it from the pic Colin :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
53 year old lady just joined the forum this morning. I have been a very sporadic bike rider and never stuck at it long enough to see real fitness gains, but for some reason, maybe the Olympics????, suddenly feel more determined to give it a good go this time. I have a decent road bike and also a second hand Dawes hybrid so no real excuse blaming the weather as the hybrid wasn't particularly expensive so it shouldn't really matter if I go out in the rain or not! Oh, and being in Scotland, we are inclined to have rain between the showers so if I wait on nice dry days, I will never get fit ^_^
Welcome to cchat, Mo!
Are you anywhere near me? I'm looking for a partner in crime to lead astray ^_^ cycling related of course!
I'm in Glasgow, lady of 49 :hello:

Top Bottom