Hello from Evesham, Worcestershire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Welcome to cchat, Mo!
Are you anywhere near me? I'm looking for a partner in crime to lead astray ^_^ cycling related of course!
I'm in Glasgow, lady of 49 :hello:

Hi Pat. Thanks for the welcome. :smile: No, not near Glasgow I'm afraid. I am in gorgeous Perthshire.

I see the forecast for the week isn't great so I will find out if I can live up to my resolution to go out in the rain!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Pat. Thanks for the welcome. :smile: No, not near Glasgow I'm afraid. I am in gorgeous Perthshire
Ach, Shame about that Mo! (for me, I mean :sad:)
I understand there is a few guys in and around your area on this forum :hello:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I must be getting better, just completed todays run out of ten miles in 55 mins. Now I know this is slow by most of your standards but I am still carrying 19 stone around with me (though that is dropping!) and I only started again 4 weeks ago. I wore my new Lidl lycra today as well, so much better than tshirt and baggie shorts:laugh:

Welcome and well done, as long as you are enjoying yourself you carry on.
We get down your part of the world quite often to the cafe on the river. Lovely part of the world along with our visits into Warwickshire in the direction of Stratford..
Great to see your lad is loving it, he will be inspiration for you.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Good going.
I'm in my 50's (56 in a few weeks). I try to keep going and upping my distances. (Time is my problem. I seem to have less and less. Had things to do this morning and now just about to go out but have got to get back to cook before SWMBO get's back about 5:30.)
Keep at it and enjoy yourself. I know I do.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Good going.
I'm in my 50's (56 in a few weeks). I try to keep going and upping my distances. (Time is my problem. I seem to have less and less. Had things to do this morning and now just about to go out but have got to get back to cook before SWMBO get's back about 5:30.)

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Good going.

Edit.
Sorry about this folks. We have such bad broadband out here it often locks up so I pressed post and it appears to have posted 4 times.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Train driver, cheers. I plan to go to Stratford soon via Pebworth, long Marston and the Greenway, soon but not yet.

Which Cafe on the river do you use?

Raphaels down at the Hampton ferry at the end of the track past the fire station.

We use the Railway Carriage at Milcote which is the one near Stratford. Whenever we go there you see loads of folks using the cycle path. It is great to be able to use that if you aren't too confident or want a safe environment to ride with the family and kids.

I rode to the carriage a couple of sundays ago and indulged in a bacon and sausage bap washed down with a cup of coffee. I then had the ride back ha ha. The guy who runs it seems a nice guy and it seems a bit quirky given what I do to go to a cafe that is a former railway carriage.

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
Another 10 miler this morning, still 53 mins but it was very windy. I haven't tried Saintbury hill again yet, need to get this 5 stone monkey of my back first me-thinks. Given up alcohol completely to aid this quest.

I will get there!

Top Bottom