Hello from Exmoor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exmoor_Kes

Damn, we've got some bluddy big hills around here...

Greetings from a fat old bird on Exmoor. Dug out the bike today to give myself a baseline ride to work from. On a fitness scale of 1-10 where 10 is Alistair Brownlee standard and 1 is a ringside seat at the local funeral parlour, I clock in at about a minus five.

Asthma is a problem for me, but the greater issue is unbelievably poor fitness levels, despite being a distance swimmer. So to ensure the lungs keep doing their funky thang and I can enjoy my swimming and surfing more, I've decided to start on a 30-minutes a day programme which will probably kill me in the first week.

The bike's purple. It came from a reclamation yard, has been converted into a multi-gear thingy mountain-bike wotsit by my amazing engineering hubby-to-be, and it hates me at the moment.

I fixed the seat on it yesterday, so according to the current Royal Navy recruitment advert, that makes me capable of fixing a Lynx helicopter, although I wouldn't bet your shirt on it if I were you.

Looking forward to a)surviving the next month, b)getting to know you lovely folks, and c)being able to make it up "That Hill" without throwing up.

Happy trails!

Kes

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome to CycleChat, Kes! :welcome:

I am off to South Devon at the weekend with my family but am hoping to get a lift to Exmoor for a day's riding up there. Yes, I had noticed that there are a few hills in your area! :laugh:

If you are struggling on those hills at the moment then just stick your bike in your easiest gear and spin your way up. It should get easier ... eventually! :okay:

OP
OP
Exmoor_Kes

Exmoor_Kes

Thank you, peeps. I'm determined to keep at it, although currently my face is the same colour as the bike by the end of each early-morning session. However, as I work from home (man, I am SO lucky!), getting out first thing stops me from succumbing to cabin fever, and gets me off my bum for a bit before the word-day kicks in. So while the "OhgodohgodI'mgoingtodie" feeling is still strong in this'un, my sheer stubborn streak and bluddy-minded temperament should keep me on track.

My arse doesn't 'arf hurt, though. That 'gel pad' is *useless*, I tells ya...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. A sense of humour is a must when you start cycling again. Come to think of it, it comes in handy even when you arn't new. Keep at it and well done for getting out there :welcome:

Jason

welcome :welcome: welcome

Top Bottom