Hello from Falkirk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Hello,

I've just found this forum and decided to sign up.
41 years old and have been using an Halfords Apollo that i got 19 years ago and still goes well. Tomorrow I shall be getting my new bike delivered from the Edinburgh Bicycle Co Op it's a Giant Roam 2 and I cant wait to get it out. I have the Forth and Clyde canal path nearly on my doorstep and the Helix park not far either. Not into road cycling anymore as I dont have a death wish ^_^

MikeW-71

Veteran
:welcome: Garry !

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:
I'm often to be found around the Kelpies, towpaths and Callendar Woods on my Specialized 29er :smile:
Give me a shout if you'd like some company at some point!

OP
OP
Garry A

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I was over at the Kelpies earlier today, best avoiding that part as its a magnet for tourists not paying attention but it means the rest of the park is clear.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I was over at the Kelpies earlier today, best avoiding that part as its a magnet for tourists not paying attention but it means the rest of the park is clear.
It can be busy, depends on the time you pass through. Abbotshaugh woods on the opposite side are nice for a wee circuit.
I often cycle from mine to the Kelpies, round the woods then via the towpaths to the wheel and loop round to home...about 18 miles. Speed is not my thing but I enjoy being out!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to Cycle Chat Garry!
I am often found along the Forth and Clyde canal with my ladies group, the Belles on Bikes ^_^
Must say I hate that canal with a vengeance, rattles on up to no end :laugh:

OP
OP
Garry A

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Thanks for the welcomes everyone ^_^
Im going to be sitting watching for a delivery van tomorrow............will I need to name my new bike?:bicycle:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Hi & :welcome: from the Peoples Republic of Mancunia.

My old man was from Falkirk (don't know him or Falkirk so well) but visited once & lived amongst the Celts for 4 years (Forces).

Enjoy your new bike & your cycling.

Sassy14

Hi Gary. I'm new to this forum too. Got myself the Giant Rove 2 last year and still love it. I use it to commute 13 miles to work. Great bikes.

Been along the canal as far as the pub at Kirky. Hope to get along to the Helix park soon.

Enjoy the new bike.

Top Bottom