Hello from France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
:welcome:

weareHKR

Hello & :welcome:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Saint-Étienne

Surprisingly, I have been there. Is the mine still on fire?

Best memory of St Etienne was walking through the town near the mining museum looking for somewhere for lunch. Saw a bar and walked in. It was a pretty sawdust-on-the-floor sort of place, no menus and my wife is vegetarian. Short conversation, and the proprietor disappeared out the back, and in a few minutes came back with a perfectly acceptable spread with a good selection of items. Not gormet, but very acceptable. And a great price too.

OP
OP
I

Isidore Isou

Surprisingly, I have been there. Is the mine still on fire?

Best memory of St Etienne was walking through the town near the mining museum looking for somewhere for lunch. Saw a bar and walked in. It was a pretty sawdust-on-the-floor sort of place, no menus and my wife is vegetarian. Short conversation, and the proprietor disappeared out the back, and in a few minutes came back with a perfectly acceptable spread with a good selection of items. Not gormet, but very acceptable. And a great price too.

Good story! I'm wondering what bar is that.
People are pretty nice here, but as a vegan, it's not always easy to find something to eat!

Welcome, You live in the south and I live in the west. Such a huge country you could spend a lifetime and not see it all.

Top Bottom