Hello from Guildford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

Hi. Simon here from Guildford(ish), mid 40s, overweight and underfit. I picked up my first bike in years earlier this year in order to do the Moonriders London to Brighton overnight ride - I completed that in July. I've been bitten by the bug and have entered the ballot for the Ride London 100 next year and am planning a charity ride to Amsterdam!

I'm also looking forward to Sunday as the Tour of Britain is going past my house on the final day so hopefully will get the chance to cheer on the boys to victory!

I spent quite a bit of time deciding what bike to get and went for a Specialized Sirrus Elite with which I am very pleased but... I'm already considering converting to a full blown road bike :rolleyes: I just haven't mentioned this to Mrs L yet!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hello. Was in your neck of the woods today, fun and games with the one-way system in the town centre (!). If you liked the Moonriders ride, you'll love an FNRttC.

Octet

Veteran
Welcome to the forum!
Will you be sharing any pictures of the Tour of Britain if you get any?

Grayduff

Über Member
Hi. Simon here from Guildford(ish), mid 40s, overweight and underfit. I picked up my first bike in years earlier this year in order to do the Moonriders London to Brighton overnight ride - I completed that in July. I've been bitten by the bug and have entered the ballot for the Ride London 100 next year and am planning a charity ride to Amsterdam!

I'm also looking forward to Sunday as the Tour of Britain is going past my house on the final day so hopefully will get the chance to cheer on the boys to victory!

I spent quite a bit of time deciding what bike to get and went for a Specialized Sirrus Elite with which I am very pleased but... I'm already considering converting to a full blown road bike :rolleyes: I just haven't mentioned this to Mrs L yet!

sHello mate i am also in the overweight but late forties group, bitten by the bug just before the Olympics which also went through my town in Dorking, they are returning next Sunday before they reach you in Guildford,
Mrs D wasnt to happy when i came home yesterday with a second hand(Mint condition GT Tachyon 4...

Just got back from a 6 mile leg stretcher to prove the money was well spent..:wacko:

Welcome by the way..

OP
OP
Longshot

Longshot

Thanks for the welcome! I will try and post some photos of Sunday - it's a long straight stretch of road so I should get some decent warning in time to set the camera up! I managed to get a couple of decent shots of the Brits in the road race which I'll post sometime.

Top Bottom